Interesting calorie questions

Options
So basically we all here we should try to eat our exercise calories and we should try to meet our Calorie goal for the day. If we do this we will lose the right amount of weight we choose in a healthy manner. My question is how many truly do that? If you your goal is 1400 calories a day and you burn another 600 calories do you really eat all 2000 calories?

I ask is because I think I'm hitting a plateau and I never really eat back my exercise calories. Though I've been loosing an average of 2lbs a week I'm wondering what I should do?

Replies

• greatescape
    greatescape Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Personally-- when I hit a plateau last time, I started eating up to my exercise calories and I started losing again. I would definitely try that for a couple of weeks (or a month) and see if it helps!
  • JBurger2066
    JBurger2066 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I do my best to eat as many calories as I should (base + workout). But I also look at my sodium levels for the day. If they're already high, I'll try to eat a banana or something that is low in sodium, but can help with a few of the remaining calories. I can tell a difference in my energy levels when I ate enough the day before and when I fell short of my target. I've only got mine set at 0.5 pounds per week, but I can still tell a difference.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    So basically we all here we should try to eat our exercise calories and we should try to meet our Calorie goal for the day. If we do this we will lose the right amount of weight we choose in a healthy manner. My question is how many truly do that? If you your goal is 1400 calories a day and you burn another 600 calories do you really eat all 2000 calories?

I ask is because I think I'm hitting a plateau and I never really eat back my exercise calories. Though I've been loosing an average of 2lbs a week I'm wondering what I should do?

I try my best. Somedays are easier then others mind you, but it DOES work for me. I found if I drop my calories too much weekly, I will just stop losing weight. I have been stuck at 25lbs lost for about a month, so I upped my calories and really am working on eating back (most) of my exercise calories. This past week... lost a pound.
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
    Personally-- when I hit a plateau last time, I started eating up to my exercise calories and I started losing again. I would definitely try that for a couple of weeks (or a month) and see if it helps!

This!
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    Oh, yeah...I eat 'em! I need them!
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I tried that this week....I earned 2000 and tried (to see) what it would be like to eat them....Well it was just too much, I was stuffed...So in future I going to eat just a few, to see how it goes....Yes I did lose some weight...