You have a pretty face...

Options
So I went to a bar the other day and got approached by this guy who said I had a pretty face. I took it as a diss and all of my friends said I shouldn't.

Transitioning from being a large to a small, I am so confused as to how things are now. I think for most BBW that isn't really a compliment but for smalls it is....Idk. What do you think?

Replies

• SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. When you're big it seems that what they are really saying is "You have a pretty face, but the rest of you is awful". Part of that is our own insecurity as well; we don't like the way we look so we can't imagine someone else liking what they see when they look at us.

Follow your friends' advice and take it as a compliment. Because looking at your profile picture: you do really have a pretty face with a lovely smile :smile:
  • skybluesounds
    Options
    yeah, take it as a compliment! that's a pretty common pick up line/compliment for guys to say, I don't think he was trying to say that the rest of you sucked.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I think that just because you (in general -you-) have extra weight- you shouldnt decide that your face is not allowed to have compliments.

My mom taught me that girls have soft skin, clean happy faces (and the happy makes the pretty), smell nice, add class to any situation and always say awwww when someone gets hurt.

I dont see how weight affects any of these things.

I KNOW that when someone says, Oh you have such a pretty face- its taken as- well whats wrong with the rest of me??

But that is deciding that someone who got the balls to tell you he hinks you are beautiful just got yelled at for complimenting something beautiful about you- instead of your entire package.

If you were to hit on a man, who had beautiful eyes - and he responded with - 'what? so my body is sht?' how would that feel, after you walked across the room to tell him you could see his soul in those eyes....?

Choose not to embrace the negative.

Be damn proud you have a beautiful face and if your body isbothering you- then bring it up to match the level of that gorgeous mug you got.

• gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I think that just because you (in general -you-) have extra weight- you shouldnt decide that your face is not allowed to have compliments.

My mom taught me that girls have soft skin, clean happy faces (and the happy makes the pretty), smell nice, add class to any situation and always say awwww when someone gets hurt.

I dont see how weight affects any of these things.

I KNOW that when someone says, Oh you have such a pretty face- its taken as- well whats wrong with the rest of me??

But that is deciding that someone who got the balls to tell you he hinks you are beautiful just got yelled at for complimenting something beautiful about you- instead of your entire package.

If you were to hit on a man, who had beautiful eyes - and he responded with - 'what? so my body is sht?' how would that feel, after you walked across the room to tell him you could see his soul in those eyes....?

Choose not to embrace the negative.

Be damn proud you have a beautiful face and if your body isbothering you- then bring it up to match the level of that gorgeous mug you got.

Amen sister. :-)
  • adornedelle
    adornedelle Posts: 73
    Options
    LOVE <3<3