sugar and sodium!

Options
Lisseth03
Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
these are the two things I never bothered tracking until now, I find it so difficult, there is sodium in almost everything and in large amounts too. what is a girl supposed to do! not to mention my sugar intake is set to 28 and I am planning my lunch/snack for today and am already over it by 13.
I truly had not realized how much sugar there is in milk, skim milk. I see a lot of people here drink coconut milk, is this better for you?

anything helps!

Replies

• Lisseth03
    Options
    anyone?
  • anewme1202
    anewme1202 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with watching my sodium. I watch everything and I don't put any added salt on anything. I try and keep my sodium around 1500 mg / day but there are times when I do go up to 2,000.

As for sugar, for me it's an on-going struggle. I have a hard time with it, but I've just come to accept that sometimes I'll go over on my sugar, but I know that alot of times it's in fruit that I'm eating and natural sugars like that aren't nearly as bad for you due to fiber in fruit and all the other good in fruit that outweighs the bad.

I'm sure others can articulate it better than me, but this is just my 2 cents (for what it's worth!!)
  • Lisseth03
    Options
    thank you! I appreciate an answer :)
  • LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I watch my sodium and also try to stay around 1500mg. But that is b/c I have borderline high blood pressure. When I first joined I tried tracking my sugar but found it annoying b/c I eat a lot of fruit and one piece can send you "over" the limit. As long as your sugars are refined I prob wouldn't worry about it.
  • disgustipated
    disgustipated Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have trouble with the sodium limit too and started a thread about it a while back too. I was thinking that exercise should offset some of that amount like it does with some of the other categories. Consensus was unless you have blood pressure concerns it is okay to go higher, though higher levels may lead to more water retention.
  • Lisseth03
    Options
    I was told to lower my sodium to 2000mg because I am not losing much, I dont know what I was eating before I just know I never paid atttention to sodium until now. I will try and not worry much about the sugar