Plateau help... trying not to freak out this time around

Options
So long story short I need help busting through a plateau. I was just wondering what everyone else was doing that helped them break through a plateau. I'm sure I've tried most things that ppl are going to suggest but just throw them at me and I might find one I haven't tried yet!
Thanks

Replies

• jennys11
    jennys11 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3834-eat-more-to-weigh-less

Check out that board. It has helped out so many people!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Change your calorie count...up or down. Change your exercises. Do something different. Confuse your body. I am sure that you have heard all of this before. Oh, drink extra water..that seems to help me.
  • shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I upped my calories by 100-200. Made a HUGE difference for me, but as always everyone is different :) It just worked for me.
  • gail2207
    gail2207 Posts: 133
    Options
    Try a new exercise regime, something you've never done before. I tried boxercise and it kicked me out of my plateau for a bit, but now i've plateaued again so need to mix it up again!!
  • sugiravi
    sugiravi Posts: 48
    Options
    I upped my calories by 100-200. Made a HUGE difference for me, but as always everyone is different :) It just worked for me.

This worked for me too. I hadn't lost anything in about a month, then I decided to turn up the intensity of my work-outs, get heavier weights, and eat more. I found this post really helped me --> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390579-ways-to-avoid-break-plateaus
  • cmurray234
    cmurray234 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I switched from 1200 calories to 1440 per day. It doesn't make sense, but it worked. Granted, I'm only losing 1.5 pounds a week, but that's good enough for me!
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Bump... i am setting at a 10 month plateau or will be May 26th, ive changed my workouts, upped and lowered my calories, included weights, hired a personal trainer and a nutritionist..... nope i am still the same.... all blood test came back, CBC, Chem 8 and TSH all normal.... so it isnt medical related... My stupid Doctor said maybe i need to just be happy at the weight i am at... i'm 5 foot 4 at 160 pounds... doubt i will get used to it.. So i would like to see if anything sugests something i havent tried also :ohwell:
  • jarredondo
    jarredondo Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    So I have always in the past, plateaued....kept tracking for a few more days maybe a week.... slack off on the tracking thinking it's not working anyway.... next thing I know I have fallen off the wagon. This time I stuck to the tracking, and you know what I found, about the time I would have normally given up I lost 4 pounds in a week. So I stuck with it some more and a few weeks later I hit another plateau... stuck with it past the point I used to and the same thing happened. After 2 or 3 weeks of the scale staying the same, if I just stick to what I know is right, the numbers drop. It would be nice if we could just lose in a consistent way but it doesn't always work that way.
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    It is discouraging to be working hard and not seeing results on the scale. But if you are eating right and exercising and you have tried everything, perhaps there is nothing more you can do. When the answer is "wait" or "be patient" I often get rebellious and want to quit. But sometimes, the answer is that time is the cure. Of course you have to keep on exercising hard and eating right, but maybe the test is: "can you stick to this, even if you have to have faith in the void?" We always want to do something to get what we want, and we want it now. At this time, perhaps focus on what you can do that you couldn't before: more push ups or more cardio or more crunches or more weight lifting... focus on the strength you have gained and how you can increase maybe a little every day in some way. Keep the faith, don't quit. Peace~
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 245 Member
    Options

This worked for me too. I hadn't lost anything in about a month, then I decided to turn up the intensity of my work-outs, get heavier weights, and eat more. I found this post really helped me --> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390579-ways-to-avoid-break-plateaus

I've been stuck for 6 months....reviewed my MFP data and realized that I had cut more calories to break the plateau and never readjusted. Upped my calories to 1200 NET and not under my BMI (approx 1400) and I've started losing again. I was only under-eating by about 200 calories...give it a try.