This may sound wack...

Options
Hi everyone,

Ok, So, I know this may sound crazy..... But, I really need some serious support. I live in a very small town, and I don't know anyone my age here. I am trying to get on track, and lose weight, to get healthier..... However, I don't really have any a workout buddy, or a "weight loss support system"....

Unfortunately, all the friends that I am close to in reality, don't really worry about working out on a daily basis, and watching wht they eat.

I really believe just doing this all on my own, is really putting me back. I was wondering if there was anyone Canada or the States... (or anyone in spproximately similar time zones).... who is looking for the same thing?

I have a blackberry.. It would be easy to just exchange pins, not phone numbers, and motivate each other. =)

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that is wack. I didn't think anyone had a blackberry anymore.
  • phantasia01
    phantasia01 Posts: 18
    Options
    Not whack at all! I am in San Diego, California, not sure if you are interested, but we can track eachother on here, i have an iphone so i cant trade pins, BUT i have apps like Voxer which you can download and is like a walkie talkie :)

We can do this!
  • jcmjim22
    jcmjim22 Posts: 162
    Options
    Friend request sent. Don't have a blackberry but I can support you through MFP. :). Good luck!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    friends and support are great, but it has to come from within. you either want this or you don't. if you want it, you'll find a way. if you don't you'll find an excuse. with or without a support network.
  • jcmjim22
    jcmjim22 Posts: 162
    Options

Ha! Dont miss mine one bit :)
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm in North Dakota, feel free to add me if you would like :)
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options

I have one for work. I keep looking at it and wondering why it won't do what I want it to. I'm spoiled by my IPhone. I can never go back.

OP, I'll be your MFP friend if you'd like. I'll motivate you to get a real phone, I mean keep working out. I'm just being silly. I would love to be your friend and support you! :flowerforyou:
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options

Ummm, what's a blackberry?
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options

If that is wack.... then I am beyond helpless... I don't have a phone of anykind.
  • SabKab16
    SabKab16 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    LOL....OK GUYS.. ENOUGH WITH THE PHONE TALK....

1. TONS of people in Canada have a BB, almost everyone i know...
    2. I chose to get a BB, because it's a lot more popular in other parts of the world, like Asia and the Middle east... and i can easily keep in touch with my friends/family from there through my bb.

3. I like a real keypad. lol.

Maybe one day I'll convert to a "Real" phone

Thanks for all your help... =)
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    The first several months of my weight loss journey I did on my own. I didn't have anyone holding my hand or saying kind things to me. Until I came across MFP. If you are sincere about losing weight you will find it with in yourself to achieve your goals!
  • Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey I have a blackberry!
    :ohwell:
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hey!

we are already mfp friends, and i don't have a black berry, but i just wanted to add that, not having a good support system at home makes it really hard! i know where your coming from.

When you want to eat healthy, and the family suggests going out for italian every time we get together for dinner or whatever. Cake at every get together, and they look at you like you've got 2 heads when you say no thanks. or call you crazy when you say you can't meet them at the mall b/c your working out, or whatever.

You can do this! for you! despite your lack of support at home!
  • phantasia01
    phantasia01 Posts: 18
    Options
    YEAH! I like this!
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    To be fair, RIM has the best security for emails and whatnot. They focused on making a business tool not a toy. The problem is that our iPhone and Android "toys" have more functionality.

Also, I hated my Storm...
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's wack, I think reaching out for support is dope, it might even be def...

Well maybe not def.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    To be fair, RIM has the best security for emails and whatnot. They focused on making a business tool not a toy. The problem is that our iPhone and Android "toys" have more functionality.

Also, I hated my Storm...

Used to, I'm a Blackberry Enterprise Administrator/Exchange Administrator at work and the security levels on the activesync used by exchange has reached the same grade as Blackberry BES. Now with apps that allow you to lock the phones remotely for Apple and Android the game has changed quite a bit. The only thing the BES has over the rest is logging text messages now. Everything else has been met or surpassed. I have to carry a blackberry for work and I have an iphone for personal. BES has it's uses but as security and enterprise support keeps getting turned up on the iphone and android phones it's becoming a lot smaller and smaller.

OP we are friends now, I'll try to make sure to give you an extra couple kicks in the butt!

I live in a small rural town of 1000 people and I literally have no friends, just some people I work with. Everyone else is older it seems, and I'm not into the bar scene. It does make it REALLY hard sometimes!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's wack, I think reaching out for support is dope, it might even be def...

Well maybe not def.

I don't even understand what you just said. That's how wack I am.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options

That was my thought.