5'6 women looking to lose 40+

Options
If you just starting out (like me) or 5 lbs from your goal Id like to friend women
with similar goals for motivation and support.

Post your stats to show how far you've come or where your heading.

SW: 182.2
CW: 180
GW: 138

Seems so far away, I could really use the support to keep me on track.

Replies

• SweetPea482
    SweetPea482 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I've been here since august, but need to 'freshness' in my life. lost 40+ from Aug to December, and have been plateaued since then. im ready to get back to logging everyday, without fail. I am a 'lifter' so my calories burns are low, but im still working hard.

SW: 307
    CW: 271
    GW: 150
  • msrat1
    msrat1 Posts: 43
    Options
    Started March 2012
    SW 209
    CW 199
    GW 150
    Doing fat burning exercises and alternating muscle building to lose fat and inches. The inches are coming off because my clothes are bigger but the scale is moving slowly so I try not to use it too much.
  • GeminiFairy89
    GeminiFairy89 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    SW 265
    CW 261
    GW 180-150
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    Congrats on all your progress, it looks like everyone is on the right track :)

Keep it up ladies!!

I've been doing cardio only for the past week, but today I tried the 30 day Shred.

It kicked my butt!!!! LOL

Oh well, I'm going to keep at it.

I found level one on YouTube if anyone wants to try before they buy :)
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm actually between 5'5" and 5'6".. depends on the day... but I am wanting to lose probaly another 40ish lbs...

Feel free to add me if you are here most days and want to support each other.. (oh females only,sorry a few sickos ruined it for any guys).....

SW: 242
    CW: 200
    GW: 170 (for now...)
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Just (re)started at the end of April
    SW: 245
    CW: 240
    GW: 145-150 (but for now id be happy being 199! lol)
    Please feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. It would be nice to see the progress of ladies with similar stats:D
  • kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    SW: 265
    CW: 174
    First GW: 150
    Ultimate GW: 139
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I definitely could use all the support and motivation I can get!!! I've been using MFP since January to help control my eating & I've been going to the gym 3-5 times a week for cardio/fat burn. I normally do my lunges, squats, abs, arms, etc at home!

SW: 225
    CW: 206
    GW: 185 (may adjust once reached!!)

I have a feeling when I reach 185, I will want to lose more!!
  • rowlandk
    rowlandk Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am 5'6" and still need to lose about 44.4 pounds :) Friend me!

SW 212
    CW 179.4
    GW 135
  • lavsk23
    lavsk23 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hiii,

I am 5'6" and need to lose 40+ pounds. I have been working out on and off but lacking consistency :( My major hindrance is lack of motivation when I get back home from work. All day I keep thinking I would work out today. Some days I succeed and some days, even with a lot of mental prep, I fail to stick to my workout schedule. (kind of angry with myself now x-( ) Looking for motivation and support.
    I was doing 30-day shred level 1 and worked up to level 2. But that was a while ago. I will start with level 1 again. Also started running and planning to incorporate power yoga 3 times a week.

My stats:

SW : 169 lbs
    CW : 166lbs
    GW : 128 lbs - 130 lbs
  • rec212329
    rec212329 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and I know 170 might seem like it's not low enough but I'm going to take this one step at a time and that is 40+ lbs from my current weight. On the other hand, I carry most of my weight in my chest and hip/thigh area so I need to see if I would want to go smaller than that. Only time will tell.

I've been doing the JM 30 Day shred as well. I'm on day 14 on Level 2 and it is kicking my butt, but I love it. I can tell a difference in my body in inches more than weight. Like my back fat is decreasing and my arms are more toned. I also to Zumba and the treadmill.

Please feel free to add me!!

SW - 216
    CW - 212.5
    GW - 170-175

8464818.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • iamers
    iamers Posts: 74
    Options
    I'm just under 5'6 and I'm hoping to lose around 70+lbs.
    I could use motivation and also give it out, feel free to add me! :)

SW: 205
    CW:200
    GW:130
  • kandaceleehans
    Options
    Hello All,
    I have been on and off since my wedding. And am now trying to get the motivation to be healthy for our future family. Taking it one day at a time. Feel free to friend.

SW: 240 ish
    CW: 218 ish
    GW: 160-120 the "Healthy" Weight for my height.
  • mommyweighless
    mommyweighless Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Me too..I'm in!

SW: 221
    CW: 214
    GW: 160

Still got a ways to go but I'm getting there!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I miss being part of a group. It's such a great support. Count me in. I gained 11 lbs during April (vacation) - UGH!! Back at it this week and feeling better already.

SW: 280
    CW: 223
    GW: 160

So great to meet all of you!
  • lbela22
    lbela22 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'6 but my heaviest was 278 after my second child was born. I slowly lost a little here and there and managed to keep it off. I have been really serious about my weight loss since January. I am currently 196. I have lost 82lbs and 45 of that since January. A co-worker recently told me about the myfitnesspal app and I immediately downloaded it. It has really kept me focused. I simply chose to make a lifestyle change. I now understand what the doctors and everyone means when they say "lifestyle" change. I walk and hike more and make better choices with my food. I also learned its alright to indulge in a little high calorie food every once in a while. The funny thing for me is when I do eat the high fat foods I feel nauseous. Good luck with your progress.
  • write2sonya
    write2sonya Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am 5'6 and would like to lose another 30-35lbs. Started this journey about a year ago on MFP....I have fallen on and off the wagon during the year but have been extremely focused for these last few months. No more excuses!!

SW: 222
    CW:195
    GW:160

Feel free to friend me, we can all use the extra motivation and support!!
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Many of you sound like me. I am 5'6".

SW 180 May 21- 2011
    GW 130
    CW 129.5 about a month ago

It is possible... Keep up the great work!!!!!!
  • lindystrutt
    lindystrutt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Also 5'6" female over 40 or is it 50, stopped paying attention to those sort of numbers.

SW
    185 CW
    GW

Please feel free to add me as a friend, all support welcome.....................................
  • beautifulstronghealthy
    Options
    I could really use the motivation. Feeling kind of overwhelmed today.

SW: 240
    CW: 220
    GW: 190 but will change...