New to site....Doing 30 day shred

Options
2»

Replies

• TamaraHaase
    TamaraHaase Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    A lot of people log this in as circuit training for about 23 minutes. I was doing this for the first week or so before I got my heart rate monitor and found out how much MFP over estimates your calories burned! It was saying I was burning around 330 calories and my heart rate monitor averages between 230-260. But it also totally depends on the effort you put in. Yesterday I started level 2 and did it without the volume (I wanted to listen to my own workout music!). Since it was my first day and I didn't really know what I was doing, I burned 237 calories. Today I listened to Jillian for the little tips she gives and put much more effort into it since I knew more what I was doing and burned 296 calories- far more than I ever burned on level 1! Although I do think level two is a teensy bit easier. Maybe.
  • wayne4825
    wayne4825 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I will try that after...I do my 30ds. Any idea how much calories burned while doing the levels? Idk if I should go walking after the work out or if it's enough?

I typically burn between 380 - 430 calories. I have a HRM that I wear during my workout. It gives me an accurate count of calories burned. You can get one pretty cheap on ebay with a chest strap. I paid $30 for mine with the chest strap. I use it for all of my workouts.
  • OSUgal03
    OSUgal03 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am finishing up level 2. My HRM, says between 230-250 for it.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    I just started it today! And at this point, I'm thinking level 1 is good. I got my workout on today. Yeah. Love it.
  • sttrinians
    sttrinians Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Today is day 24 for me. Hated level 2 love level 3 and level 1. No weight lose but definitely more toned. My husband noticed, believe me that's a miracle. So must be working lol
  • hoppinfroggin22
    hoppinfroggin22 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hello i am on level 2 day 3 and i like it a whole lot better than level one :) good luck add me if you like
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I start tomorrow and I'm SO excited! I'm going to be blogging my workouts and results. Also taking my "before" pics tonight :happy:

How much did you all lose in pounds?
  • amethysts269
    amethysts269 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I often use Shred if I can't get to the gym, it's quick and convenient. I recently increased the weights and it was like starting all over! I have some of her other DVD's as well and find them all quite challenging.
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I just started on Saturday but have only done it for 3 days so far. I'm determined to stick at it after hearing such great reviews and seeing such amazing results with other people :)
  • leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i love 30ds, doing it daily but alternating levels so i dont get as sore doing exactly the same exercises everyday, keeps things interesting too =D
  • pinksyringes
    pinksyringes Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think level 2 is way harder then level 1. I can do level 1 so easily.
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I started it on Sunday and have done 2 days of Level 1. I'm not able to do it everyday (missed yesterday) due to work, family and other exercise commitments so it will probably take me about 6 weeks to complete. I don't think there should be any pressure to progress through the levels. Just see how you feel after 10 days of level 1, try level 2 and if it is too hard, continue with level 1 for a while longer!
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I will try that after...I do my 30ds. Any idea how much calories burned while doing the levels? Idk if I should go walking after the work out or if it's enough?

On day 1 of level 1 I burned 222 cals and on day 2 it was 169 cals. There's no harm in going for a walk before or afterwards. I did a 5 km run before I started it lol
  • starkers80
    starkers80 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Day 2 completed. I found it much harder than yesterday, but thats because some of my muscles were a bit sore, so its a good sign!

So glad I did it. I got home and thought I just couldn't be bothered as I was too tired, but pushed myself and feel much better for it now.