Really fancy a dirty Chinese!

Options
toshie333
toshie333 Posts: 295 Member
the food I mean. This is my week 3 and I've had no fast food or fried food or alcohol. In fact I've not had any cravings...until now. I am currently in the gym and am really wanting a chinese. Do you still have Chinese? How do you account for the calories etc?

Replies

• slim104
    slim104 Posts: 160
    Options
    I make my own at home. I prefer it to a chinese takeaway. Fresh chicken, fresh veg stir fry pack, rice noodles, chillies, low salt soy sauce. Way healthier, way cheaper and i dont feel guilty after eating a plateful.
  • RandomMiranda
    RandomMiranda Posts: 298
    Options
    I rarely have Chinese because it and Mexican are my food nemesis. I literally walk in planning to get steamed vegetables and brown rice or green beans and chicken or at least something not fried, and what comes out of my mouth is orange chicken or sesame chicken (or enchilada platter if its Mexican). But, if I do eat it, it ends up being a spike day. I rarely burn enough calories in a workout to make it fit in my daily goals. Just log it accurately, enjoy it, and eat well almost all the time.
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    <
    Very disappointed. And after all the laundry that we did for you people.

Hint: This is a joke....I get the need for Chinese takeaway.
  • christopherpm
    christopherpm Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of entries in the database for take away food, but I would suggest that instead of having the fried rices, stick to plain boiled - it's about half the calories of the fried!
  • awwwshux25
    awwwshux25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    When I get chinese I usually just have chicken and broccoli with white rice...and if you have been doing good for three weeks eating some chinese isn't going to kill you.
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    :
    <

:laugh: :happy:
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    If you must have chinese, then get it! Better to take care of a craving before it makes you binge. I find some places have awesome light options (take-out, avoid the buffet). I got steamed shrimp and veggies with a light garlic sauce on the side with brown rice one time. So yummy! Took care of the craving and was healthy too!
  • Fitfaery
    Fitfaery Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    At least you are at the gym craving chinese and not on the sofa having done nothing all day.

At the take away I choose the vegetarian option of the meat option I used to have and don't have any rice or noodles... the taste of the sauce will take away the craving without downing all the carbs.

I still get starving the next morning though. Must be the monosodium glutimate x
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    i do periodically, but i have to tell you, i always feel like crap after eating it. not to say i wont order it again someday, im SURE i will, and pig out on it just the same, but its definitely the least satisfying of all 'cheat' meals.
  • aweightymatter
    Options
    I usually get chicken and broccoli, no rice. It's hard if you're eating with other people that get the fried/sauced stuff though -- I always wind up picking at it!
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    i do periodically, but i have to tell you, i always feel like crap after eating it. not to say i wont order it again someday, im SURE i will, and pig out on it just the same, but its definitely the least satisfying of all 'cheat' meals.

^^^^^^ AGREE! Guess that's why we're pals! :drinker:
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong wtih having this if you want to. There are various entries in the database you could refer to for cals.

Be aware that there's a lot of sodium in Chinese (and most other takeaways), so if you have a bit of water bloat tomorrow, don't freak out. It'll go after a couple of days.
  • Daisy374
    Daisy374 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I still occasionally have it. But now when I get it I get white rice instead of fried rice and if I get something with brown sauce I ask them to put it on the side. That way I can control how much of it is put on my food. I also ask them to not use MSG. I also measure out my portion instead of eating out of the take out box.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    <

Speaking of laundry, did you get those shirts done? I have a meeting tomorrow and would like a freshly-starched collar...

In all seriousness, though, a bit of Chinese now and again shouldn't kill you.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    <
    hey, I am Chinese and yes, I get dirty cause I live on a farm with 3 goslings in the house, a goose in a pen, a duck, and a hen, and all sorts of others... lol!!!! :D I never crave chinese, because my mom always cooks that way. :) it's there...
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I have it about once a week... Never stopped me from losing weight, although it can cause some water retention.
  • leanby2013
    leanby2013 Posts: 137
    Options
    Go for it, one day will not set you back. Just get back on the track the next day and you'll be fine :)