Eating & acting like you've achieved you target weight

Has anyone succeeded in achieving their target weight by eating calories corresponding to that weight? For example, If you are say 200lbs and your target is 160 & you eat and act as you would to maintain your weight at 160 you will steadily lose using what is essentially your maintenace calories at your target weight. This sets you up for continued weight control once you have reached your goal. I know i've simplified this a bit but has anyone done this or have any comments?

Replies

• mightymamma
    mightymamma Posts: 2 Member
    bump
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    bump
  • des02_
    des02_ Posts: 79 Member
    I had the same question also...
  • charmingtrouble
    charmingtrouble Posts: 54 Member
    interesting
  • PaperThinLips
    PaperThinLips Posts: 79 Member
    that's what i did, it took longer but i've been maintaining the same weight for a while now
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Didn't work too well for me. This may be because my target weight is only about 20lbs different than my weight not. I can imagine if you have more to lose, this method would work just fine.

But maintenance at my target weight is almost exactly what maintenance at my weight now is, so of course, I am not losing anything in that method. Instead I try to eat above my BMR (resting metabolic rate - what calories we burn while sleeping / laying around / pumping blood ... you know. everyday stuff..) and less than my TDEE (which I read from my body media fit that I wear on my arm. Or you can put in some measurments and estimate it through online calculators)

that is, I eat between 1400 - 2000 on my best days. Add up 7-10 days of this and I lose a lb or two. It works out for me, at least.
  • bestbassist
    bestbassist Posts: 177 Member
    Oddly enough, my MFP calorie deficit is within 100 calories of my goal weight BMR. I don't know how long my deficit will be set at the number it currently is, but if it stays close I am hoping I will get down to my goal weight and be able to maintain.