How many lbs did you lose in your first month?

Options
This upcoming Monday will make 1 month since I started using MFP. In excited to step on the scale that day and see how far I've come in one month. I started out at 222.2 lbs. I am just under 5'8. My goal weight is 150. Tell me about your one month successes!

Replies

• Memster1
    Memster1 Posts: 13
    Options
    Started @ 198, and hit 188 today. Took 1 week to drop 8 pounds, 5 more for the next 2 pounds. I have not hit the exercise tough yet due to scheduling constraints, but that should change in the next couple of weeks. Goal is 165 pounds hopefully by September.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    About 5 lbs the first month, and about 5 most months since. good luck!
  • steinbok
    steinbok Posts: 82
    Options
    Your situation sounds like mine about 16 years ago (was in my early 30's). I was at 215. Was down to 185, one month later by cutting down calories (900-1100) & fat grams (1.5g) severely . I probably ate one or two meals a day of vegetables, and a can of soup during work hours (graveyard). Another month later, I was close to my goal of 160. I've kept close to that number since then.

You have to have a desire to want to reach your goal, then when getting there, be mindful that you don't want to ever have to do it again. :)
  • devon0324
    devon0324 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Ive lost about 5 punds per month as well. And from what ive been told by the fitness experts on here, thats pretty darn good.
  • dgadbaw
    dgadbaw Posts: 12
    Options
    I have been on "diet" for 10 weeks now and have dropped 32.5 lbs and 22 inches. The key is to eating every 2-3 hours, and drinking a minimum of 8 glasses of water/day. I just joined this website today to help me stay on track since I got a little distracted last week. I'm here if anyone needs any support! :)
  • svincent1217
    svincent1217 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have lost 14 pounds this first month. My ticker only says 7. But from my initial entry, I had gotten up to 186. Since logging every day for a month (I hit 1 month yeaterday) I am now down to 172. I am more addicted to the mfp app than any of the games on my phone. My first goal weight is 159. My ultimate goal weight is 147.
  • ILoveYouZandT
    ILoveYouZandT Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I lost 11 pounds my first month. =)
  • kubyshechka
    kubyshechka Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have lost 5 lb my first month. I do exercise so the loss is not that big because I also gain the muscle weight. I have lost 9 lb since I started on March 22nd. I am very happy with that. I go over my calories pretty much every weekend but that helps me stay on track. If I make some drastic limitations and deny myself the things that I like to eat (or drink) I will not be able to stick to MFP. So to keep me going I cheat a little bit. But I enter every single calory and every little bite I take. Good luck. You are doing awesome.
  • aspenwind
    aspenwind Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Down 13.8 pounds in the first month.

Less food, more exercise. It's like magic...
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    20 lbs the first month, but that's probably only because I was pretty big to start with
  • mollymasm
    mollymasm Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I lost about 6lbs, with a start of 180
  • Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Lost about 25 lbs the first month. I started at 312. Been losing steadily about 2 per week since then. I keep looking for it to slow down, but so far, so good. Lost 76 since Nov. 22, 2011.

Endeavor to persevere.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I lost 1 lb every 4 days for the first few months. So just over 7 lbs in the first month. I only had 40-45 to lose in the first place, so any faster would not have been a healthy rate of weightloss for me personally.
  • angie_sample
    angie_sample Posts: 190
    Options
    i started at 263 lost 12 pounds my first month. Now that im 180s its much slower though, but thats ok with me
  • HisShadow
    HisShadow Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    About 20 lbs in the first month. It's a tiny precentage of the total. However, If I can even keep up 1/2 that pace, I'll be excited.
  • ryandylan
    ryandylan Posts: 62
    Options
    I started @ 168 & lost 5 in the 1st month.
  • terryjo623
    terryjo623 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    10lbs the first month, if only they could all be like that.
  • MissC787
    MissC787 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Although my profile/ticker doesn't reflect it. I started on April 6th. As of today May 9th I have lost about 16 pounds.
  • echandle12
    echandle12 Posts: 82
    Options
    16 pounds my first month, that was before I joined MFP though. Its a fun first month or 4 for me, I loved the scale then.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    7 in the first month
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!