Just starting...again..lol

Options
Hello everyone, I started at MFP about a year ago but haven't used it. Recently I have made some major changes regarding my diet and exercise and thought now was the time to make use of this site.
I lost about 40 lbs last year and ran my first 5k and was quite happy with my success. Unfortunately life threw me several curve balls, a close family member was diagnosed with cancer, and my husband and I separated. I found becoming a single mom left me little time to do the things for myself and soon fell into my old patterns and gain a lot of my weight back.
So here I am, ready to try again. I have been working with a dietician who is also a personal trainer. I am doing a five week program with her and have already lost 5 lbs in my first week !! I am doing this strickly but healthy eating and exercise.

My family is very supportive, and fortunately I have raised my son (11) to be a healthy eater and very active in sports. I want to lose the weight so that I am not embarrased to do things with him (like swimming) as well I feel if I am going to preach healtly eating and exercise I had better follow it. Lead by example.

I would love to have some new friends going through the same thing, so please feel free to add me as a friend, I think we need all the help we can get through this point in our life. And turning 40 in a few weeks certainly isn't helping things either...lol.

Replies

• kimdarren
    kimdarren Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Turning 40's great! (I'm 42), kids are old enough that you can leave them alone for awhile on their own, and you FINALLY should get some time to concentrate on yourself. You name it, I've done it, slim fast, nutrisystem, weight watchers, the GI diet etc, etc. This is the longest time I have ever stuck to one thing and I've lost more weight than all of the other combined (well, may be a bit of an exageration), but hey, the results speak for themselves. I don't look at this as a diet but a new way of eating healthy. I think that attitude change has made a heck of alot of difference.

Keep your chin up. Try to look at the up side of everything, and if you should 'fall off', just remember tomorrow is a new day to start fresh (it's taken me 20 yrs to finally realise this). It takes less muscles to smile than it does to frown.

Best of luck!

K
  • BeeSunny
    BeeSunny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing a wonderful job. I have gone through the whole divorce, single mom routine, I think women who have had to struggle on their own are stronger than ones who have had a good life. I have literally started my whole life over after 23 years of a bad marriage, 3 children, I too have gained a large amount of weight that is turning into muscle!! I am remarried, a full time student and lately been kicking *kitten* on my exercise and eating healthy!! I would love it if you added me as a friend!!