Supposed to Take Dessert to a Friend's - HELP!!!

Options
PeachyPlum
PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
So, I'm headed over to a friend's house this evening to help her with a DIY project, and she's cooking dinner. I offered to bring something, and she requested dessert.
I was totally going to make those Hummus Blondie Bars, but I was wiped last night after work and literally slept from 6pm until 5am.

So.... now I need a dessert I can make in 20 minutes or less that's actually healthy. Last time I took strawberries and whipped cream, and it wasn't really a hit.

Surely somebody has a no-bake yummy dessert!

Replies

• meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Who doesn't like strawberries and whipped cream? Maybe berries and ice cream and then you can just skip the ice cream and eat just the berries?
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    bring the strawberries and whipped cream and add angel food cake to it! do sugar free if you want! :)
  • pamelazee
    pamelazee Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    cinnamon pita chips and a premade light fruit dip from the fruit isle
  • Bassafrass80
    Bassafrass80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Mix 8oz low fat cream cheese and 1/4 cup of powedered sugar. Hull some strawberries and then pipe that cream cheese filling into them. Crush a reduced fat graham cracker and dip the filled strawberry tops in the crushed graham cracker. Strawberry cheesecake bites. ~40 calories each and so yummy!!
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Fruit would do it for me. Fruit on kebab skewers, fruit layered in a pretty glass, fruit grilled on the BBQ, fruit platter with dip, etc. Add cream, yogurt, chocolate, or other toppings if it fits your dietary needs.
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    melt dark chocolate chips, stir in some tahini or almond butter, nuts and/or dried shredded coconut and raisins (a pinch of salt, cinnamon, vanilla is nice) and shape into cookies. cool in the fridge.

or just go with berries again, seriously...if your last dessert really wasn't a hit, she would have asked you to bring the paper plates.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    You ladies are superstars! Thanks so much!

This is a cupcake wars kinda crowd - nothing short of 600 calories of sugar and butter would really be a hit. And I don't *exactly* care, except I don't want to bring the very same thing that wasn't that popular last time!
  • TheChocolatePrincess
    TheChocolatePrincess Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Fat Free Chocolate Jello Pudding Pie.

Mix Up One Container of Instant Sugar Free/Fat Free Jello w/ 1% Milk
    Fold In a Half of Container Fat Free Cool Whip
    Spoon into a Graham Cracker or Oreo Cookie Pie Crust (here is the bulk of the fat and calories)
    Garnish with Chocolate Sprinkles, Raspberries, or Crushed Graham Cracker/Chocolate Cookie

Chill and Serve.

You can also do this with Banana, Lemon, or Key Lime (or get adventurous with Pistachio).

Anywho, it isn't exactly "healthy" but it won't ruin your day either and you can give your friends something that they will enjoy. You can always keep it light by not eating the crust and having a small serving size.

Good luck!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    If you're really in a rush, buy a sugar free cake at the grocery store. Slice it up and fan it out nicely on a platter. Done! :wink:
  • DianatheRed
    DianatheRed Posts: 41
    Options
    Trifle bowl: layer strawberries, whipped cream, and angel food cake! Looks super decadent and is not ALL bad! If you feel like it, you could even add a block of 1/3 less fat cream cheese to the whipped cream and it will be more cheese-cakey ;)
  • duhblond
    duhblond Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/mixed-berries-with-limoncello-recipe/index.html

This is AMAZING and it is good over vanilla ice cream or angel food cake
  • bethanylaugh
    bethanylaugh Posts: 237
    Options
    there's supposedly some recipe where you just mix angel food cake mix with a can of crushed pineapple... google it!
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Strawberries, cool whip, strawberry yogurt, and graham cracker crust.... add bananas and pineapples if you want!!! It's delicious!
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    grilled pineapple.... pineapple chopped into wedges, drizzle on a little honey and some black pepper, mix it up and i cook it in a griddle 4 mins each side.... my fave sweet treat !
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    MY FAMILIES FAVORITE
    >Get an angel food cake (sugar free if you like), fat free cool whip and strawberries!! Cut the cake in half, put cool all over, add strawberries repeat with the top! It is a great dessert!!
  • ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Get an angel food cake and then make some icing with whipped cream and mix in a pack of sugar free pudding mix (just the mix). So slowly mix in the powder from the pudding mix into the whip cream until you get a sort of icing consistency! It's actually really delish and was a huge hit at my daughter's first birthday party! You could top it with fresh fruit (which is a huge hit in my non-dieting family) and that's it! If they don't like what you bring then just tell them, "Hey, I'm trying to change my life here and if you don't like it then I won't bring the dishes anymore!" If they can't understand what you're doing then just let it go, or that's what I would do! :)
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    bring the strawberries and whipped cream and add angel food cake to it! do sugar free if you want! :)

this
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options

This is a good idea. Then you can eat just the berries, or just berries & cream, or however you want, and others can have their cake (and eat it too? :laugh: )
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Mix 8oz low fat cream cheese and 1/4 cup of powedered sugar. Hull some strawberries and then pipe that cream cheese filling into them. Crush a reduced fat graham cracker and dip the filled strawberry tops in the crushed graham cracker. Strawberry cheesecake bites. ~40 calories each and so yummy!!

this sounds delicious, i might have to try it too! :) thanks for sharing!!
  • vvanm
    vvanm Posts: 157
    Options
    Low fat Trifle. Slice up large low fat Sara Lee pound cake into 1/4 inch slices.
    Make little sandwiches with Strawberry or Raspberry jam.
    Layer bottom of glass bowl or trifle dish, top with low fat instant vanilla pudding. another layer of sandwiches, drizzle with Amaretto (or Sherry mixed with a Tb. sugar.) to moisten cake. Top with fat free whip cream and sliced fruit. Chill.