Anyone experiences a halt in weight loss?

Options
Hey everyone! This is my first post. I in total have lost 41 lbs (but just 14lbs since being on my fitness pal). I still have a long way to go but for some reason I haven't lost any weight in the last 2 weeks! I have been working out 6 days a week (light cardio for an hour or more) and eating no more than 1500 calories, yet and still, NO weight loss! I am SO frustrated and really losing motivation. Anyone on the same boat or have some tips on how to get through this "plateau"? Thanks!

Replies

• awolf2011
    awolf2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I find that I hit plateaus every so often, for instance, I just reached the 20 lb mark and I have been there for a little while now. I get discouraged sometimes, but I have to tell myself that I am getting toned as well as losing weight. Since you do work out so routinely (great job btw), maybe you are just toning parts of your body and have stopped the actual weight loss for the moment. I do see that my loss picked up again after a few weeks. Not sure if this helps, but I periodically go through this.
  • M1chelles5
    M1chelles5 Posts: 107
    Options
    For about 3wks I havent lost anything...Stick to it anyway! Doing HIIT on the elliptical and heavy lifting *for me* is toning my body. I get compliments at the gym from people who've seen me when I first began.

Ignore the scale it lies:angry:
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    You are probably not eating enough. Try eating more and see what happens. That said, plateaus are pretty typical for most of us. Just keep plugging along!
  • stillthesamegirl
    stillthesamegirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys! I'll try a little mixture of eating more and doing some weight training. We'll see what happens. Not giving up tho!