How many lbs did you lose in your first month?

Options

Replies

• asafcat
    asafcat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I lost about 7 pounds the first month, i am now two weeks into my second month and lost an additional 3. I am down to my last 13 pounds to lose. I would imagine that people that have more to lose, lose more the first month then I did.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    When I first found MFP I logged in at 250 lbs without stepping on a scale. It was an estimate.

That was Dec 2010.

I was diagnosed with High Blood pressure near the end of March 2011. At that Doctor's visit I weighed 272 lbs.

It was at that point that I started to take things seriously!

I am not certain about the exact figure for my first month's loss but I know that from the time I "started" through the end of last year I was shedding the anticipated 1 - 2 lbs per week, almost every week. And, a couple of weeks during the summer months I dropped 5 lbs in a week.

So for the first month, I would say that I lost about 8 lbs.

I checked the scale last weekend and it read 186 lbs. It has been stuck there for a few weeks now. My target is 180 lbs.

Best of luck on your journey!
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I am 2 weeks in and have lost 7 lbs
  • lucy2213
    lucy2213 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been on "diet" for 10 weeks now and have dropped 32.5 lbs and 22 inches. The key is to eating every 2-3 hours, and drinking a minimum of 8 glasses of water/day. I just joined this website today to help me stay on track since I got a little distracted last week. I'm here if anyone needs any support! :)

I have been on a 1200 calorie diet for close to 3 weeks now. I go to the gym 5 times a week and eat healthy, still haven't lost any weight well OK 1 pound! My husband keeps telling me to do this and I just find it so difficult to eat every 3 hours! How do you do it? Do you split your meals into smaller portions? Can you eat 3 meals a day and eat like an apple or a serving of almonds? I'm just so frustrated I'm giving this all Ive got and I see no results!
  • shortstuff31117
    shortstuff31117 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Today is day 29 of tracking my food and I'm down 10lbs. I've also stepped up my workouts. I'm pretty happy!
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I have been on plan for just over one month and I have lost 10 pounds (eating 1,500 calories a day).
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    12 pounds the first month. Only 4 more since, in the last two months, but a total of about 10 inches gone.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    My first month was a 11 pound loss... then no weightloss for a month!
  • Janet55555555555
    Options
    8 pound loss!
  • s0ready
    s0ready Posts: 99
    Options
    Initially I lost 8 pounds my first month (not on here)....
  • jlsmith60
    jlsmith60 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Today is day 60 for me. I lost 24.9 the first month and 16.1 the second month for a total of 41 so far.
  • allysabee
    allysabee Posts: 123
    Options
    Back in 2010, at my highest weight of 222 I lost 20 lbs the first month. That was only from changing my eating habits. Cutting down portion sizes and making healthier choices. I didn't do any exercise at all in the 1st month.
  • Jelaine56
    Jelaine56 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I started out at 179 lbs and have lost 6 lbs.. I am 5' 8" and would like to weigh at least 140 lbs.. I hope the weight will keep coming off. I also walk every other day for about 35 minutes.. Keep up the good work!!
  • CocoAndButter
    Options
    I'm almost a month in and I've lost 5 lbs so far.
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    7 pounds
  • potatoyam
    potatoyam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i'm very close to my 1st month being over and i lost 11 lbs ( i had my 2nd weigh in today)....
    i'm very surprised at how easy it was... honestly, i just had no clue how many calories i was aCTUALLY putting into my mouth.
    i'm really afraid of plateau-ing though.. if anyone else has the same fear FRIEND ME!
  • Kerri324
    Kerri324 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    My first month on MFP... 15lbs... my first 90 days doing p90 (before mfp) only 8 that is 90days and only 8 stinking lbs! lol (but like 12 inches) :heart:
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    18lbs for me!
  • rave7278
    rave7278 Posts: 10
    Options
    As of 5/10/2012 it will be one month for me, I started at 309and have dropped 16 pounds as of this past Tuesday :-) my goal is for 200.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!