Replies

• TeresaWash
    TeresaWash Posts: 283
    Options
    CALORIES IN.... CALORIES OUT
  • Raina27
    Raina27 Posts: 133
    Options
    I love my sweets, if I were to cut out all foods I love, I would hate this. Just spend a little more time working out so you can enjoy the foods you like. The key is moderation!

I agree 100%
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Jello decadent 60 calorie chocolate mousse. Need I say more?
  • Drawberry
    Drawberry Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Personally I follow the belief that a reasonable adult can consume foods they would normally eat, if they practice good portion control and don't make it a daily habit to chose high fat or high sugar foods.

You could pick one day out of the week where you have dessert with your dinner for example. While cutting out sugars IS important, that doesn't mean that you cannot enjoy a reasonable dessert as part of a healthy lifestyle. Actively controlling the portion size and consciously picking a heather dessert choice can make sweet treats a regular part of your diet.

There are lots of desserts out there that can be made with more health-conscious ingredients.Broiling, grilling, and baking whole or sliced fruit is a delicious alternative to a traditional chocolate or otherwise candy-like dessert. I've been meaning to try out this recipe in particular: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/lemon-curd-berries-50400000120705/

I love desserts with fruits, since I am not very big into chocolate and cake like treats my favorite desserts usually involve fresh fruit piled high onto fluffy pastries or an occasional fruit tart. A great dessert to me is a fruit salad with some mint, but I am sure that a lot of people crave things more sugary then I do :P

This cheesecake here has 5 times less calories then a normal cheesecake at 245 calories per serving, and is topped with honey and fruit:
    skinny-cheesecake11.jpg?w=550

While half a cup of Häagen-Dazs Chocolate Peanut Butter ice cream has almost 400 calories and 24g of sugar.

Yogurt crepe's are made in handy little single-serving crepe dishes and are topped with seasonal fresh fruit;
    8f20f298ed89fdd0_strawberry-crepe.jpg
    Recipe: http://www.fitsugar.com/Blueberry-Strawberry-Yogurt-Crepe-Dessert-Recipe-18088814

Make smart choices, keep portion sizes small, and you can still enjoy dessert as a weekend treat.
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Depriving yourself of something you like/want may ultimately lead to failure in readjusting your lifestyle. If you're just "dieting" to get to some temporary weight loss goal - sure it might work in the short-run, but probably not for the long-term. I've lost about 20# so far (in about 9 weeks), but haven't really felt deprived. If I want a beer, glass of wine, drink, dessert, etc I have it! Not every day and not to excess, but I make sure I've got the calories left to enjoy what I like! It may mean an extra lap on the track, or five minutes more on the treadmill, but you can still enjoy your dessert!!
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Like it was said above, look for a lifestyle change, not for a depravation for a given time. That is why much people yoyo.
    How are you suppose to handle if you have the feeling everyday that diet is a pain ?
  • spudlovie
    spudlovie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am learning to incorporate sweets everyday. This is a life style change for me and for somebody to say you can never eat anything again sounds awful. I eat it track it and move on. I think this is one of the ,son reasons I am not going crazy this time trying to lose weight.
  • CrazyGraciegirl
    Options
    I ate a slice of ice cream cake last night and stayed under 1,200 calories for my entire day. You have to watch your portions, and make sure you REALLY want it. If I want something, I see how it can fit into my calorie goals. I feel like if I deprive myself I'll stop eating healthy all-together because I feel unhappy.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I eat cake, chocolate, pizza, takeout, 400 calorie frappucinos, I will have at least 2 of these things a week. Maybe once or twice month I have lunch, cake and coffee with a friend, comes in at 3000-4000 cals for the day and hasn't affected my loss one bit, 43lbs and 10% body fat down in 7 months :-)
    The key is to work them into your macros, and don't eat loads of them every day - a healthy balanced lifestyle where nothing is 'banned' is much easier to stick to long term. A stupidly low cal diet where you aren't allowed any 'Bad' foods usually results in breaking the diet and bingeing on all the things you feel deprived of.