New here

Options
Day 2 & 85 lbs to go Never done a food diary shocked to see all I really concumed major cut back today. Feel really positive about this journey.

Replies

• Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think the food diary here is one of the best weight loss tools ever - it's easy to use, and boy is it informative - more informative that I would have liked in the beginning! But knowledge is power and you can use that tool to change your life!!

There is also always so much good advice and information on these forums that you'll soon be an expert at your lifestyle change and the pounds will start slipping away!

So we're glad you're here!!!
  • JuicyPlum
    JuicyPlum Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this site. Still trying to figure things out. Been trying to lose weight all my life but working at it for 3 weeks this time. So far so good. :happy:
  • dirtydserieswoot
    Options
    welcome
  • erodriquez
    Options
    Today is day 2 for me too. I just have to say, who would have thought that a banana is 105 calories!! Anyway, good luck today!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    This is a great site. Take the time to learn about all the great features and use them.
    You will succeed if you work hard and don’t lose sight of your goal.
    This site changed my life and it can change yours

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water :drinker: :drinker:

Think of this as a new way of life, not just a temporary diet.

It always helps me to log my food first before I eat so there are no surprises. :laugh: :laugh:

Find a group to be part of and check in with them every day. The best way to find a group is to go to the “motivation and support” message board and read a lot of the threads until you find a group that has what you want, then reply and say you want to join and then participate regularly with them and get to know them. My groups are 50+ women and senior golden sneakers