Good entry-level HRM that tracks calories.

Options
Hi everyone-

I've never used a heart rate monitor and I've been told not to trust my treadmill anymore. I am a bigger girl, so I typically give myself 150 calories per mile ran.

Can anyone recommend a good HRM, preferably a CHEAP ONE that will log my heart rate consistently (WITH A WIRELESS STRAP) and will tell me how many calories ive burned?

Thanks!

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I know you can normally find the Polar FT4 (comes with chest strap, and I love mine) on Amazon for around $60-$70 with free shipping. And I think that's the cheapest model that Polar makes that will estimate calories. Sometimes you can find them a little cheaper on eBay but it's very hit-or-miss. I do not know much about other brands though.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I know you can normally find the Polar FT4 (comes with chest strap, and I love mine) on Amazon for around $60-$70 with free shipping. And I think that's the cheapest model that Polar makes that will estimate calories. Sometimes you can find them a little cheaper on eBay but it's very hit-or-miss. I do not know much about other brands though.

I also use an FT4 and got it on Amazon.
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    Timex Ironman Triathlon-- got it on Amazon for about $70
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options

Ditto I love mine and so easy to use.
  • jpinge
    jpinge Posts: 71 Member
    Options

ditto ditto....wonderful easy and i just love it!!
  • roxerella
    roxerella Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I just got a Polar FT4. It is really easy to set up and use and does everything you say you want.
  • kikiwilkinson
    Options
    Hi doll.

I just got a Pyle from Amazon for 26 bucks and free shipping. I absolutely LOVE it.
    Hi everyone-

I've never used a heart rate monitor and I've been told not to trust my treadmill anymore. I am a bigger girl, so I typically give myself 150 calories per mile ran.

Can anyone recommend a good HRM, preferably a CHEAP ONE that will log my heart rate consistently (WITH A WIRELESS STRAP) and will tell me how many calories ive burned?

Thanks!
  • MeeshKB
    MeeshKB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the FT4 here. I love mine.
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Love my FT 4
  • Ashleyann72
    Ashleyann72 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have a Sportline Cardio 630. It was $49 at a sporting goods store. I love it and it works well for me!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I got a Sportline SX Elite from Walmart for $50. It comes with a chest strap and got great reviews online. I just got it yesterday but I love it so far! And it seems very accurate, pretty consistant with what I was estimating before, actually.

I've been told never to spend less than $40 on a HRM so I wouldn't go cheaper than that.
  • cheeky1095
    cheeky1095 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I got mine this evening. Kelly Holmes HRM & pedometer watch from tesco direct £26 & was easy to set up ready for tomoz workout
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I have a garmin FR60. Very easy to use and pretty cheap if i remember correctly.
  • em435
    em435 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 is going to be the best you can get, for a little amount of money.

Timex in my opinion is awful at estimating calories burned.. so if that is a concern, then I wouldn't pick a Timex.
  • Meliklotz
    Meliklotz Posts: 66 Member
    Options

so do I, I got mine at Sears for about 70.00
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4, I got mine from Amazon, but google it because we found my boy friend one cheaper on another site!
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    ^^^^this!!!! I have a polar ft4 and love it. I bought mine from bodytronics.com for about $60
  • AdrienneKaren
    AdrienneKaren Posts: 168 Member
    Options

I love mine, too!
  • pjsmom2010
    pjsmom2010 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    BUMP!