Hysterctomy Post Op

Options
I had mine 3 weeks ago today. I read that weight gain was possible and YES, they are right. I have gained 8 pounds in 3 weeks and have to stop this pattern NOW! Really stressing out about this, which is the worse thing that I can do. Has anyone had this experience and can give me insight, hope, motivation, or cam relate? Just seeking some people that have been on this journey that I am beginning.

OR

Have you had major surgery and how were you able to keep the weigh off while not being active? I have three more weeks of not being able to do anything but walk for short periods. There is also the 5 pound lift limit. Any tips on exercise?

Replies

• bjerkins
    bjerkins Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Had mine in 2007 so I like to prove people wrong. Still working at losing & keeping it off.
  • casseyleinen
    Options
    Had a complete hytso when I was 23. 7 years ago. I did gain weight after it. Mine was an adominal hysto. I'm on replacement hormone theropy also. I just work extra hard at it and I refuse to let that part control me. I believe that taking pride in what we put in our body especially since we are going thru the change motivates me even more. I do watch my carb intake. I also drink ALOT of water. The more time that passes I promise you; you will start to feel more like you again. I would say the first year is going to be getting to know your new body and when I say that I'm sure you know what I mean. Tiredness, hot flashes, night sweats, hard to sleep. emotional. I cried over so many things and asked myself WHY and couldn't stop! Give yourself time to heal completley you don't want to prolong your recovery time. cut back on carbs for now. I really think that would help. walk as much as you can too. If you want you can friend me! I would love to help and support in any way that I can! I've been through it myself!! Best of luck sweety!!!:flowerforyou: