Supposed to Take Dessert to a Friend's - HELP!!!

Options

Replies

• udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Mix 8oz low fat cream cheese and 1/4 cup of powedered sugar. Hull some strawberries and then pipe that cream cheese filling into them. Crush a reduced fat graham cracker and dip the filled strawberry tops in the crushed graham cracker. Strawberry cheesecake bites. ~40 calories each and so yummy!!
    Those are delicious! I make those a lot!
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I got this recipe here, but it didn't quite turn out to be "bars"....delicious cake, though!

1 box Angel Food cake
    1 can (20oz) light cherry pie filling

Oven 350. Mix ingredients and pour into a 9x13 in pan, bake 30 min. Allow to cool. Makes 24 servings @88 cal.
  • kinsellae
    kinsellae Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered strawberries
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    i'm bumping this. everything sounds nommy.
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    If you're really in a rush, buy a sugar free cake at the grocery store. Slice it up and fan it out nicely on a platter. Done! :wink:

You read my mind!
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Mix 8oz low fat cream cheese and 1/4 cup of powedered sugar. Hull some strawberries and then pipe that cream cheese filling into them. Crush a reduced fat graham cracker and dip the filled strawberry tops in the crushed graham cracker. Strawberry cheesecake bites. ~40 calories each and so yummy!!

this sounds delicious, i might have to try it too! :) thanks for sharing!!

2w3xgk0.jpg
    http://www.mrshappyhomemaker.com/2012/01/strawberry-cheesecake-bites.html
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    If your looking for something easy I would bring Ice cream and a bunch of toppings for a ice cream sunday bar!
  • heddylyn
    heddylyn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Bites. Not completely guilt free but a good compromise that won't blow your diet and your guests will enjoy:

4 Graham Crackers
    8 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter
    1/2 cup powdered sugar
    1 Tablespoon Honey
    15 grams mini chocolate chips (Optional)

Makes about 18 balls. Per serving: (with the chocolate chips) 74 calories 8 carbs 4 fat 2 protein

Mix together Peanut Butter, powdered sugar and honey add mini chocolate chips if desired. Make into about 18 balls. Crush the graham crackers into tiny crumbs. (I put them in a ziploc and use a rolling pin). Roll the balls into the graham crackers crumbs to cover them. Let chill in the refrigerator for about an hour.
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Bumping to look over later-everything sounds delish
  • msbudrflie
    msbudrflie Posts: 7
    Options
    bump
  • magisy
    magisy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Fat Free Chocolate Jello Pudding Pie.

Mix Up One Container of Instant Sugar Free/Fat Free Jello w/ 1% Milk
    Fold In a Half of Container Fat Free Cool Whip
    Spoon into a Graham Cracker or Oreo Cookie Pie Crust (here is the bulk of the fat and calories)
    Garnish with Chocolate Sprinkles, Raspberries, or Crushed Graham Cracker/Chocolate Cookie

Chill and Serve.

You can also do this with Banana, Lemon, or Key Lime (or get adventurous with Pistachio).

Anywho, it isn't exactly "healthy" but it won't ruin your day either and you can give your friends something that they will enjoy. You can always keep it light by not eating the crust and having a small serving size.

Good luck!

Love this recipe! I've also blended in peanut butter (with the chocolate) to make a quick chocolate peanut butter pie. As you said, it's not the same as fruit, but it's a nice compromise for people who aren't as concerned about healthy options.
  • nightsrainfall
    nightsrainfall Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Frozen banana in food processor. :-) Makes something the consistancy of ice cream. Add a bit of cocoa, nuts, what have you to make it something other than banana flavored.
  • jennyb612
    jennyb612 Posts: 83
    Options
    You are helping this friend with a Do it yourself (herself) project? Um... bring whatever sounds good to you!
  • jaylin05
    jaylin05 Posts: 6
    Options
    bump ... recipes to make !
  • lorazaruba
    lorazaruba Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • BeautyNPower
    BeautyNPower Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!!!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit and low-cal whipped topping or low-cal ice cream.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Pick up an Angel Food cake at the grocery store. Serve with fresh strawberries, light whipped cream and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar (yet - it's good and my friends think I am gourmet LOL)
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Yum Yum Brownie Muffins from Hungry Girl
    these are ALWAYS a big hit!!!!!

1 box devil's food cake mix (I like Duncan Hines best)
    1 reg size can of pumpkin

Sift cake mix (optional, but better), whisk together cake mix and pumpkin. Batter will be very thick. Spoon into 12 cupcake liners. Use an ice cream scoop, it's easier. Bake 400 for 20 minutes. Sooo yummmmmy.

Needs no frosting. Keep tightly covered.

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/367

:bigsmile: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    bring the strawberries and whipped cream and add angel food cake to it! do sugar free if you want! :)

This is my favorite. If you want to make it look a little fancier, I cut up strawberries, add blueberries... add a tbls of sugar free vanilla tourani syrup a squeeze of lemon. Then you have a fruit topping, with angel food cake, and cool whip. It comes out to under 150 cals per serving. YUM!