Hello Everyone!

NakiaG
NakiaG Posts: 14
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hello to everyone,

My name is Nikki and I'm very thrilled to be part of this board. I was always a very thin person until about 9 years ago when I had my first daughter. Then I traded in my size 0's for a pair of 12's. Not that 12's are bad, but they're not for me. I spent years telling myself "Oh I will lose weight tomorrow" or "next week will be the week" this was 9 years ago. My husband is active duty military and we recently moved to Puerto Rico. About 2 months ago I told myself no more. No more excuses and I started working out every day. Every morning at 4am I'm at the gym doing what I should have been doing for the past 9 years. I have gotten a little frustrated because I haven't even tipped the scale, but I'm not going to let that discourage me. I'm in it for the long haul. I always feel like I need lots of motivation to keep going and thats why I joined. To read everyones success stories has motivated me already. I hope to have a success story also.

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,148 Member
    Welcome to MFP:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    This is a great site. Take the time to learn about all the great features and use them.
    You will succeed if you work hard and don’t lose sight of your goal.
    This site changed my life and it can change yours

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water:drinker: :drinker:

Think of this as a new way of life, not just a temporary diet.

It always helps me to log my food first before I eat so there are no surprises.:laugh:

Find a group to be part of and check in with them every day. The best way to find a group is to go to the “motivation and support” message board and read a lot of the threads until you find a group that has what you want, then reply and say you want to join and then participate regularly with them and get to know them.
  • Hey Nikki! Welcome, I'm new on here too but have already found some very useful info and support.
  • Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • Hey Nikki! Welcome, I'm new on here too but have already found some very useful info and support.

Hey Sonia I like it
  • JuneGem6471
    JuneGem6471 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Hi Nikki, I have used this site in the past and it helped me tremendously. I got lazy about journaling but Im back now and ready to go!!
This discussion has been closed.