Newbie, have already lost 17lbs

Options
Hello, I just found this website and app. I found out I have gallstones and that was my wake up call. I was at the peak of my weight at 247lbs. I started a juice diet/cleanse and so far have lost 17lbs. I started slowly working out and completed my first 20 minute workout last night without stopping. I keep posting stuff on FB but I think my friends are getting tired of hearing it, so I hope I can get some support here.

Replies

• stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Way to go on the loss! I welcome all FR's, so feel free to add me. :)
  • doonesbury
    doonesbury Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    And me! :)
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Good job on the loss! Add me if you want.
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Cleanses are a great way to jump start or occasional things in your diet.
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far. This site is great for support. FB helps if you have the right friends, but this is so much better. I suggest "liking" MFP on FB too. Feel free to add me. I am almost at the end of my journey before starting to maintain, but we can all use the support! Welcome to MFP!
  • Diane41912
    Diane41912 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi I am new here also. I was told about the sight and I joined in April but I just got started today. I will be happy to lose 17 lbs. Good job. Keep going and you will make a big difference in your life. That is what I am going for.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    . I started slowly working out and completed my first 20 minute workout last night without stopping. I keep posting stuff on FB but I think my friends are getting tired of hearing it, so I hope I can get some support here.

I so can understand where you are coming from. Well done on the exercise - I'm slowly building mine up too. If you like to add me as a friend please do.
  • heatherterp
    heatherterp Posts: 239
    Options
    Are you still doing the juicing or now eating regular meals? Great job on the loss so far. Keep it up!