I think somethings wrong with me :(

Options
The past few weeks ive been feeling as if i just ate a HUGE meal and now my tummy is stretched to its limits.....when really i haven't been eating too much because of this feeling.

This issue just recently happened and im not too sure what i should do.

All throughout the day im feeling as if im stuffed to the max and at the same time ill be extreamly hungry, when i try and eat something or even just thinking about eating something makes me want to throw up.
I also get this feeling in the middle of the night.

NO I DONT HAVE AN EATING DISORDER IF THATS WHAT YOUR THINKING AND NO I'VE NEVER HAD ONE EITHER :)

im wondering if anyone else has had this issue or is having this issue.

Replies

• Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I've felt the same since upping my calories. Not a nice feeling at all.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    You need to engage a large fluffy poop session.

All will be well after.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    reflux?? I had that nauseous feeling and just felt yucky when I ate, and did not feel a hearburn feeling most of the time, but it ended up that my esophogus was red and irritated. After a month of meds, I felt back to normal.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Could just be gas or as the previous poster said, reflux can manifest as a feeling of fullness instead of pain sometimes. Try taking some phazyme and see if it helps. If the feeling remains, go have your doc check it out.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Have you recently swapped your diet drastically, such as going back to omni from vegetarian?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    food allergies? i used to get serious bloat when i ate gluten. now i get even worse allergy symptoms when i eat it
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    my wife had the same sensation when she was pregnant... hmmmmm
  • mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    Options

I had that exact feeling the whole time I was pregnant! Couldn't eat anything. Total bummer missing out on packing it on during the holiday season :grumble:
  • Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    If this has persisted more than a couple days you should definitely see a doctor. If you're constipated try taking psylium husks ... a fibre source, and drink lots of water.
  • sava624
    sava624 Posts: 19
    Options
    sorry but sounds like when i pregnant too but also sounds like could be bloating and gas or needing a poop- change of diet can cause the last. I would say see your medic for advice
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I felt like that when I had an ulcer, but it was followed by HORRENDOUS stomach pain about an hour after eating.
    It could also be reflux

or you could be eating something you are intolerant to. Look at the meals you are eating when you feel the worst and see what the common denominator is, it could be something like dairy or gluten (like mentioned above)
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    This definitely sounds like acid reflux. I have it and I get this feeling a lot. I take 1 or 2 acid reducer pills and it goes away within the hour.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options

Yeah, um, I had that happen when I was pregnant, too, haha.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    My first reaction is "acid reflux" but if it doesn't go away in a day or two, I would go see a doctor and find out for sure.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Not a Doc, and this is just speculation, but are you "evacuating" normaly? If not, see your P doc. Bloat, Nausea when/after eating, failure to evacuate etc could mean a possible bowel obstruction.
  • Supermom008
    Supermom008 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Maybe just check and see how much fibre you are getting. Your system sounds like it's backed up a little. Fibre One Cereal Original is really good; all you need is 1/2 a cup and that should get things moving along! Hope this helps!
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I don't want to freak you out, but as some of the other posters said, these were my first pregnancy symptoms. I was on birth control when I became pregnant, so if you are having sex it is a real possibility. Maybe take a test to rule that one out.
    I have also heard acid reflux can feel this way too.
  • mollyW2012
    mollyW2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I get this feeling when I have over done it on FIBER. Gives me the way overfull feeling. I was taking a fiber supplement, along with eating tons of foods that had fiber in them naturally .... had to drop the supplement and the feeling went away.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Sounds like gas to me. Try Gas X, it works for me.
  • Nickoled
    Nickoled Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ask your doctor about pancreatitis, your symptoms sound similar to this