Insanity Inspiration

Options
I am ending my 3rd week of insanity & I am absolutely sore pretty much everyday... I struggle to pop in the dvd because I know what is ahead... however, I DO feel accomplished just after the warmup haha I definitely need motivation to keep going! I see the results of people who have completed the 60 days on the website, but they were super thin to begin with... I have noticed a difference in my stamina & some muscle definition in my arms/shoulders/legs. I was wondering if anyone has added weight training in w/ it? My weight has seemed to plateau after losing 15 lbs in a month & a half after doing Shred it w/ Weights w/ Jillian Michaels.... 20lbs away from my goal weight, any tips?

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I am also doing weight training with Insanity - either 2 upper and 2 lower body days, or 2 full body, 1 upper and 1 lower (depending on what my trainer does). I do have some progress pics on my profile - the third one in the side by sides is one week into insanity, and the light blue sports bra and yoga pants is the start of week 4.
  • sunkissedbrunettte
    Options
    Keep going!!!
    I lost 17lbs with my first round of Insanity.
    I just started my first week of my second round.

It does start to get a little repetitive, but the results are well worth it!
    Don't give up :)
  • nycalison
    nycalison Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you're a fan on teen mom, but Kailyn Lowry just posted pics that make me want to buy it :)
    http://kailynlowry.tumblr.com/ )just scroll down a little
  • 987Runner
    987Runner Posts: 209
    Options
    I've already decided that I will be going some weight training when I start Insanity. I'm pretty much at the weight I want to be, I just want to tighten it all up now. I'm not going to over do it with weights, but I plan to do weights 3x a week while doing Insanity.
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    i do insanity and i like to add weight routines in with BBL Rio extreme or a jillian michaels dvd
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I just finished the first month of Insanity. I'm in the first week of the second month. My knees are hurting. :( I bought ChaLEAN extreme. So my plan is to mix up the weights with Insanity.
  • Package02
    Package02 Posts: 97
    Options
    I DO feel accomplished just after the warmup

lol I agree with that statement completely. I remember the first time I did Insanity and how horrible it was. I thought it was finally over with and was so excited and then I heard him say "Alright, now we're through with the warmup" I was like WTF!! That was just the warmup :noway:

As far as your initial question, are you tracking your calories burned doing Insanity and eating those back? I know not everyone follows the belief that you should eat back your exercise calories but you have to make sure you're giving your body fuel to form those muscles that you're looking for. It would be hard to build muscle on a low calorie diet. Also, are you only going off of the scale because you might not be dropping pounds but you could be dropping inches which is much better in my opinion anyways. Good luck and stick with it =)
  • runninglol
    runninglol Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just finished the first month of Insanity. I'm in the first week of the second month. My knees are hurting. :( I bought ChaLEAN extreme. So my plan is to mix up the weights with Insanity.

Careful. It's been almost a year since I did Insanity and I have a bad case of knee bursitis that I can't get rid of. (Did 5 months of TurboFire prior to Insanity) Went to a doctor recently and went through Physical Therapy...$1000 later and it's still here.
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    Here is some motivation 1tYiNXmJ7Ma88S5P3pA7ehXN9Rfd1606p.jpeg

After 19971074_4206.jpg
  • turcbbop
    turcbbop Posts: 19
    Options
    this is from insanity?! one round!?
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options

Careful. It's been almost a year since I did Insanity and I have a bad case of knee bursitis that I can't get rid of. (Did 5 months of TurboFire prior to Insanity) Went to a doctor recently and went through Physical Therapy...$1000 later and it's still here.

wow! That is good to know! I am surprised I'm having pain because I run marathons and have no problems with feet pounding on pavement. But, I guess I will take this to heart and back off on Insanity for now.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I lost 14 lbs and tons of inches doing it, I am 5'3 and 140.4 lbs now, I love it. I miss it so I pop in a DVD every once in awhile, I loved month 2. Maybe you need to take an extra rest day to recover.

Or maybe eat a lil more. If i ate under 1700 calories, I was tired and sore. I added protein shakes to help me get more calories.

Good luck!
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    this is from insanity?! one round!?

All the fat loss I have got is from dieting and insanity. I was going through a bulk on the first pic and I started insanity to cut my body fat percentage down. Not all of it is form insanity but most. It really is tough but if you can do it more than worth it. I am almost done with my first round of insanity, but on top of doing insanity I also lift weights 3 days a week
  • runninglol
    runninglol Posts: 44 Member
    Options

wow! That is good to know! I am surprised I'm having pain because I run marathons and have no problems with feet pounding on pavement. But, I guess I will take this to heart and back off on Insanity for now.

It was all the plyometrics and having weak hips (according to my doctor). Still trying to figure out the exact cause of it. Been foam rolling my quads and IT Band and taking aspirin and I can do spin classes now. Still hurts to stand up and sit down.

So yeah, if you like running and it doesn't bother you, stick with it =)
  • Edwin_S
    Edwin_S Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    For impact issues, I went to the dollar store and bought a bunch of 12"X12" foam mats and duct taped them all together and do all the Insanity work outs on that. The whole mat is a 8' x 4' piece and is 1/4" thick, height and width about the size of a standard doorway. I wrap my calves also if i feel any sort of pain from jumping. Its such a great workout, that i struggled with in the beginning, but now i love it.
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great idea...i want to start doing my Insanity again, i got it like 2 years ago but stopped when i got real sick and injured my back (not from the workout, from a previous injury). My mom told me it was not good for me to do a workout like that on carpet, she said why do you think people in those videos are on hard floors. Did the mats work out?
  • Edwin_S
    Edwin_S Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I swear by the mats. Anything with high impact and jumping! Even something simple like Yoga. I've even put them under the feet of my treadmill just for the added cushion. hahaha. I use bright yellow duct tape and make a chess board pattern, which allows you to also mark how far your jumps are, using the the boxes as markers. Have Fun!

Edwin

If anyone has any questions feel free to add me. =)
  • triumphrider357
    Options
    Where did the tattoo on your right shoulder go in some of your pictures?
  • triumphrider357
    Options
    Nope. No way
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    When you PLATEAU ppl say to eat more calories then you will begin to lose again... Um, I believe in this cuz the minute I started to eat a lil more I started losing again.. I guess it has sumthing to do with your body thinking your starving it even if you are staying at 1200 but for sure never go under that and for sure eat at least 1400 if not more.. than that.. you will b amazed!