I need FITBIT user help!

Options
I've had my fitbit for almost a week now.

I'm still working on my love/hate relationship with it while I figure it out and fine tune the details.

Here is what I am asking from you...

I want to know what you have entered as your walking stride in your fitbit profile.

I calculated mine by walking one kilometer and reading the fitbit step count and doing the math to arrive at about 2 feet, 7 inches per stride. The problem is...the calories it is feeding into MFP when it syncs seem astronomical compared to what I was estimating before when I used the MFP values for my 3.0 mph walk and 3.5 mph walk.

Before, I would eat my exercise calories and happily lose weight. I'm afraid if I ate what it is giving me for exercise calories now, I would gain weight fast! It must be twice as much as I would estimate when I did it before I started using fitbit.

So, how tall are you and what do you use for your stride?

And, is a stride one "step" as in going from the left foot to the right foot? Or is a stride one one complete cycle from the left foot to the right foot and all the way back to the left foot again (two "steps")?

Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    No one?
  • Brinasacat
    Brinasacat Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm new to fitbit myself. But You'd probably get a better response on the fitbit group.
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I believe, that one step is either your left or right foot.
  • Lora0626
    Lora0626 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Search on here for : TOPIC: How and why I recalibrated my default stride length by drcoleman

This is what I did to determine my steps.
  • Travelfixer
    Travelfixer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I looked up online how to measure, and lucky for me at the time there was snow on the ground and I walked in it and measured my stride according to what I read online. Good luck!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Take 20 steps and then measure that distance and divide by 20. That will give you a decent measure of your stride. I didn't bother to change mine from the default because I am more interested in the calories and step count than I am the distance.

Changing the stride won't change the calories, just the distance recorded. I have found the FB to be pretty close as far as walking is concerned.