Something funny happened while running today...

Options
natalie412
natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
I was running past a field with cows in it. They were right up at the wire fence, and they started running along with me - about 6 of them or so!! They only stopped because they got to the corner of the fence. Made me a little nervous, because the only thing separating them from me was one wire!!! I was laughing though at the same time.

Replies

• zeuslalala
    zeuslalala Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love it! I was running the other morning and saw two bunnies literally hopping over each other- mating season?
  • aspenwind
    aspenwind Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    When I used to mountain bike I once startled a deer at the bottom of a really fast downhill. He took off in the same direction I was going but about 10 yards on the other side of a fence. After a couple hundred feet he look over and I could read his mind "OMG WTF how is he still catching me!!!" Then he broke left and was gone.
  • lildoggielover
    lildoggielover Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    LOL so funny! I guess they thought there was something wrong if you were running so they were getting the heck out of there too!!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I love running near livestock, haha. I've had horses run along with me for a bit, and even a stray dog hop along with me for a block or two on a run. :)
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    That's pretty funny. Herd mentality.

It would be my luck it would be a very large, angry dog, and there wouldn't be any fence. :frown:
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I jog/ walk at my dads house... at he has goats... they ALWAYS run right along the fence following me, until they are at the end...and then they run back to the start until I get back around and they start all over again! I think its hilarious! Cows on the other hand, would scare the snot outta me! MUCH BIGGER!
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    That is freaking awesome!!! And it is *exactly* why I run.... cool stuff like that. :)
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    That is too funny!
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I love running near livestock, haha. I've had horses run along with me for a bit, and even a stray dog hop along with me for a block or two on a run. :)

Yeah, but COWS?!! I am still giggling about this. A truck drove by around the same time - I wonder if they noticed...