Is our government making us fat?

Options
Athena413
Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
An article someone shared with me earlier today:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/05/06/why-the-campaign-to-stop-america-s-obesity-crisis-keeps-failing.html?fb_ref=article&fb_source=home_multiline

It's long, but a very interesting read, and just reinforces my support of eating a clean, whole foods diet with as little processed food as possible.

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Nobody but ourselves are making us fat. There's plenty of knowledge out there and a tool that we have that generations before us didn't in the internet. We all have responsiblity for out own fatness or lack thereof. The sooner we realize that, the better we'll be.
  • blueraidermike
    Options
    Everyone has got to "own" it. So while the govt is lobbied by producers of food, we each individually eat it.
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    Nobody but ourselves are making us fat. There's plenty of knowledge out there and a tool that we have that generations before us didn't in the internet. We all have responsiblity for out own fatness or lack thereof. The sooner we realize that, the better we'll be.
    This.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Oh good heavens - obviously I should have renamed this thread something else for those of you who take things a little too seriously...

No, I do not believe our government is conspiring to make us all fat. The goal was to get you to read the article because I thought it was very interested and reinforced a lot of things a lot of us already know about truly eating healthfully...and it's nice to see someone is finally coming out and sharing that same information with the people who DON'T know.

I don't hold the government or anyone other than myself responsible for my health, but, sadly, there are a lot of people who do.