At goal weight, now what?

Options
So, I am at my goal weight (slightly under, actually), but I'd like to lose a couple more pounds of fat around my waist (the last place to go, of course) and gain some muscle. So, how much do I eat? Do I eat to maintain? If so, am I going to lose the fat? If I have a calorie deficit, do I need to worry about losing muscle? Do I eat to gain (muscle), and if so, how do I avoid adding fat? Obviously, exercise is key at this point... but nutrition never leaves the picture entirely. Let me know what you think.

Replies

• sfinchie
    sfinchie Posts: 2
    Options
    I say: stick with the exercise, eat healthy foods to balance the exercise. Make sure there's lots of protein in there, too. Maybe add a protein shake/day to make up the difference in calories so there's no deficit.
  • Swopkin
    Swopkin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    First of all: do the happy dance!
    Secondly: I would set the food-section of MFP to 'maintenance'. As the previous poster already mentioned; eat clean and exercise at least once a day. Perhaps you should visit a fitness center nearby to ask advice there? Most of the time, they've got a skilled person who can help you with your plan.