Afraid to weigh-in! Help!

Options
I don't know why I'm afraid to weigh in. Can someone push me on the scale with some supportive words? Guess the fear has something to do with the las two weeks of not reporting in my diary. Ugh! Just do it, right?

Replies

• classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Make that scale your b*tch!! :laugh:

You can dooooo it!
  • perfectlioness
    Options
    I weigh in and fill out everything I eat every day, whether I like what the scale says or if I went over my calories or not!! It is important to learn to be accountable, and after a time it will help to motivate you. "Omgosh I went over three days this week. Next week I'll try not to go over twice." stuff like that. You can do it, good luck!!
  • 8620eater
    8620eater Posts: 9
    Options
    No matter what the scale says, you will change the # on it---if it's lower, GREAT! if it's higher, rethink what you're doing/eating.

It's good accountability-some say weigh in each and every day, i for one like it weekly, especially when i'm behaving! :-)
  • turcbbop
    turcbbop Posts: 19
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!! GO YOUUUUU<3
  • Ari79
    Ari79 Posts: 7
    Options
    SWEETY START LOVING AND FEAR NO WE ARE ALL HERE WITH A PLAN I START MYFIT LAST YEAR I WAS 185 AND I GAVE UP I DNT KN WHY EITHER MY NEW START WEIGHT WAS 194.5 A WEEK AGO NOW I AM 191.6. YOU CAN DO IT HONEY LETS GET IT IN.
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    its hard, especially if you know you have been slacking off (which is usually why we dont report in our diaries) but sometimes thats just the push you need to make the change!

get on there and tell yourself that this is the heaviest youll ever be and its all downhill from here.... today can be a starting point rather than a failing point
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    quit denying, face the music!
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    It's time to get on. Take what the scale says and use it for the next two weeks! :)
  • jfaure23
    jfaure23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    That scale is not going to tell you anything you don't already know. You will realize it when you see that number. Either way you need to know, you need to move on. Go do it!
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    hmmm my story wont help you ..... I was scared to stand on the scale after being laid up for 3 weeks with a sprained ankle ...... and drinking beer for quite a few nights on the trot ... hey it helped the pain lol ... I gained 7lbs :(( .... now Im going to lose all 7 of them again ..... step up weigh and then deal with the number
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    lol love this!
    Make that scale your b*tch!! :laugh:

You can dooooo it!
  • bluedecor
    bluedecor Posts: 28
    Options
    I was on the straight and narrow for months, then I thought, "OK, I've got this diet/fitness thing down and I don't need to log in anymore"....Big Mistake!

I put some weight back on but some is still gone.

I'm back because it's been over a year and I still have not reached my goal.

I, too, am afraid to get on the scale.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale at least 1x a week, even if I am not going to like what it says. I have had a tendency to gain and lose the same 2-3 pounds for like a month! This week I have been drinking a TON of water (like 15 glasses today) and cutting carbs to attempt to break this plateau.
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    Grab a gallon of water... then stand on the scale. Step off, put the water down, and stand on the scale again... we all have little games we play with ourselves for motivation... :)