Shanna's 3 month Fitness Challenge Please join me commit and

Options
Choose a fitness routine that you will follow commit to 3-4 times a week

Choose a healthy eating plan that you can follow at least 80-90% of the time

Write your commitment out and sign it

Create your own daily affirmation and repeat it often to reprogram yourself to succeed in all you do

I commit to exercising a minimum of 4 times weekly
I commit to eating healthy 90% of the time
I commit to this challenge 100% and I believe I will succeed.

My first affirmation
I keep the commitments i make to myself

Replies

• MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    I commit to exercising a minimum of 5 days a week
    I commit to this challenge 100% and I believe I will succeed

My first affirmation
    I will keep the commitments I just made!
  • frances29
    Options
    I commit to exercising a minimum of 5 times/week

My first affirmation

Good idea! I'm posting this on my closet door to see every morning when I'm getting ready for the day!
  • shannarunner
    Options
    Thanks for joining me on this challange. I am sure we are going to learn so much from each other and have success beyond what we imagined.

Todays Successes
    1hr run in - listened to motivation 2 move podcasts (just love them)
    breakfast, lunch and snacks so far have been excellent choices
  • shannarunner
    Options
    Day 2off to an awesome start

Affirmations
    I See, Trust and Know I am moving towards my goals
    I keep the Commitments I make to myself

Successes so far
    Healthy Eating on track
    Got out for an hour long slow run
    I am taking a video journal of something each day that inspires me Todays was a jump that I ran by . The thought that ran through my mind was I need to keep the balance in my life to be happy and then I jumped off the end to symbolize I am taking the daily jump into my fun, health and fitness. When I exercise I feel more happy welll rounded and balanced.
  • luvs2spice
    Options

My first affirmation

Working together will make us stronger.
  • shannarunner
    Options
    Glad you are joining us its going to be fun
  • HOLLEE85
    Options
    I commit to exercising a minimum of 5 times weekly

My first affirmation
  • shannarunner
    Options
    Lets each share what is working or has worked for us in the past.

We can all learn from each other so lets be a mastermind type group.

What worked for me today was listen to a health podcast while cooking dinner I only nibble on the veggies
    I also asked my honey to go rollerblading with me it was fun and I felt different muscles than the ones I use when i run.

This is one of my favorite inspirational books. I always think I am going to put the pennies into waht matter most.

The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson is a great book for your personal development library.

This book will challenge your current thinking and philosophy towards life. It is about how you can change your life, and how "The Slight Edge" can have an amazing impact over time.

Jeff explains very simply how one can take control of every aspects of one's life right away. This includes relationships, spiritual, financial, health and beliefs. He explains exactly what "The Slight Edge" it is and how it can affect our lives. We are using this every day whether we realize it or not, and its either working for or against you.

One example could be deciding to not exercise today. It's easy to skip a day just because I don't feel like it. Will it make a difference today? No. Will it make a difference over time? Yes. And that is "The Slight Edge." If I continually don't exercise, I will get out of shape, perhaps gain weight, and be at more risk for health problems.

Simple decisions we make every day either impact in a negative way, out of shape and overweight, or a positive, I feel better and am making a decision to be pro-active about my health. It's really so simple and can have dramatic effect over time.

Jeff gives several examples where you can improve your life and the positive results in easily understood steps and how you can easily incorporate these into regular routines.

Jeff discusses goals and how making the decision to actually begin is the difference between just thinking about it and actually getting started. We shouldn't be afraid of failure as it will ultimately lead to success if we remember "The Slight Edge" and keep doing those actions day after day repeatedly over time.

This book is easy to read and you probably will find once you get started you won't be able to put it down. It needs to be read over and over. I highly recommend it and believe it's a book that has changed many lives, if people put into practice what Jeff recommends.
  • vbclemmons
    Options
    I commit to get up every morning Mon - Fri and work out
    I commit to work out Sat and Sun afternoons
    I commit to count my calories daily
    I commit to lose 35 pounds
    I commit to be true to myself
  • shannarunner
    Options
    Affirmations
    I am switching it up daily - variety is the spice of life

Last night I was thinking I should do a quick ab video becasue that is my problem area but was unmotivated as I brushed my teeth I thought if I spent the same amount of time doing sit ups as brushing my teeth it would propel me forward so I did a quick set of situps by my bed.

This morning I went shopping with my girlfiend and we had a coffee and a muffin out. Not the best choice and she invited me back to her house and we were going to have another tea and snack but I suggested we do one of her exercise videos. It was a beachbody weighted 40 min workout and it was great fun. I am having a ladies night get together at my house tonight and am going to allow myself to have a large glass of wine and a mini slice of cake. My calories for the day will still be around 1200 because I had a protein shake for lunch and am just having veggies and dip for dinner

Ladies how do you add your fitness tracker wieght lose bar on your notes?
  • shannarunner
    Options
    Affirmations
    I choose always to be healthy and slim

Sucesses
    yesterday I ran 1hr and did a 40 min exercise video and a minute of abs
    I can feel my muscles from the squats
    I declutter 15 min a day and yesterday I cleaned out my car it is nice
    the first 3 days of this program I cleaned out my oven one day and cupboards and fridge.
    I am reading Denise Linns book 28 days to discover your authentic self (it is a wonderful book)
    the first few days is concentrating on clearing out the clutter in your life.
    My weight didn't change after enjoying a treat at my party yesterday. I planned for the extra few calories by cutting back on other ones during the day and adding abit more exercise in.
  • shannarunner
    Options
    Affirmations
    I am an athlete and I fuel my body with life giving ingredients

my spice for life today: I went on utube a did a quick 4 min video on squats loved it

Successes
    got my 1hr long slow run in I feel so refreshed it was a work day too
    my diet is going well stayed on perfect today
    my girlfriend called and made plans for tomorrow morning for me to pop by before i head to work to do the 40 min Tony Hortons video again. I am thrilled to have someone to do the stregth training side with me.

Another tool I love is my nike plus arm band and sensor that keep track of the distance I ran an the speed and time I do it. I bought it afew months ago and have gone out so far for 24 times and a total of just over 225 km you can sign up on there site to do different challanges there too. I am part of one called run around the world. (lifetime goal. I should do the math and see if it is possible)
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Can I join the challenge?

I am ready to make the commitment for a better looking me.

I commit to exercising a minimum of 5 days a week...
    I commit to eating healthy 90% of the time, 24-7...
    I commit to this challenge (wholeheartedly)110% and I believe i will be a different person, inside and out....

My first affirmation

I will keep the commitments I just made!!!!!:happy:

I Can't wait!!! Good Luck to everyone
  • Positively_Me
    Options
    Can I join the challenge?

I am ready to make the commitment for a better looking me.

I commit to exercising a minimum of 5 days a week...
    I commit to eating healthy 90% of the time, 24-7...
    I commit to this challenge (wholeheartedly)110% and I believe i will be a different person, inside and out....

My first affirmation

I will keep the commitments I just made!!!!!:happy:

I Can't wait!!! Good Luck to everyone

Day one and a great start!
    my first affirmation:

my exercise for today---done!
    my eating plan for today---on target!
    i am still commited to this challenge (wholeheartedly)...yes

have a great weekend everyone!!:heart:
  • shannarunner
    Options
    Affirmations
    I take baby steps when my life gets busy

Hope everyone is off to a good start. Remember failure is only failure if you give up. If you slip off track get right back on just think one step back and two step forward you will still get to where you are going. Be forgiving and supportive of yourselves. We Can do it!

Successes
    exercised before work with my girlfriend did her p90x 40 min video I totally can feel the burn
    went to walmart on my break yesterday and bought myself the p90x box video set on sale for $98.00 this week I live in alberta if any of you are in Canada and are interested in this video set. I love beach body videos they really work well.

I am really looking forward to hearing about what each of you are doing and how it is working for you. Lets make our next affirmation a commitment to participate in sharing and communicating and building a bond here.
  • graegirl
    graegirl Posts: 23 Member
    Options

My first affirmation

I am ready to get off my plateau and onto THE NEXT LEVEL.
    My body needs me to make it strong, lean, slender, and flexible.
    This is the greatest gift I can give to myself.

Thanks everyone for this challenge and all of your inspiration! I can't wait to hear everyone's progress. GOOD LUCK! Go Team!

229262.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • shannarunner
    Options
    Affirmations
    I commit to partcipating, sharing, learning and making friends here

Hi Everyone hope you are having a great weekend. Today has been a busy day just got home from work and did my Ab ripper X video 15 min from my po90X series. Just loved it you can feel the burn.
    I am going to commit to doing 4 videos a week and take a picture of my progress weekly. I am off to a candle light party and back to work tomorrow. I fitted in a 15min video a quick baby to keep me in the forward propellsion,
  • shannarunner
    Options
    Affirmations
    I drink plenty of water, it cleanses my past,detoxes my body and sheds unwanted pounds.

It is good to give your body a rest day and I took mine yesterday. I measure my success not necessarily in the number but in how I feel, look and in the good changes I have adapted. My weight will follow over time when I make consistant positive changes.
  • Positively_Me
    Options
    my commitment for today on..
    I commit to exercising a minimum of 5 days a week... (I have done more than 30 minutes today)
    I commit to eating healthy 90% of the time, 24-7... ( done...watch what i eat at all times)
    I commit to this challenge (wholeheartedly)110% and I believe i will be a different person, inside and out.... ( i am becoming a stronger person with each day that passes)

My commitment to myself is still stronge maybe stronger than how my body looks or feels..lol
  • shannarunner
    Options
    Affirmations
    I eat right, exercise and get the optimium amount of sleep I need
    I drink plenty of water, it cleanses my past,detoxes my body and sheds unwanted pounds.

Hi Everyone I hope you are all enjoying the ride and putting in the daily little steps to take you to where you want to go. Yesterday I did my p90X with my girlfirend before work and am glad I did it then because if I had not of it woulnd'nt of gotten in today. This morning i am off to take kids to school and drop by my friends for a 30 min stretching video and then to work again. This has been a long run at work and can't wait to get a day off. I am working overtime today for someone who is going to a funeral. i am getting abit tired of work. Did a good recharge yesterday. Came home from work did what I had to do and got myself off to bed. I was so exhausted I was no good for anything else and new it. I took the time to recharge and feeling much like myself again.