Awesome alternative to noodles!

Options
BaristaX
BaristaX Posts: 151 Member
WildWoodPastaSlimSpinachFettucine.JPG

so long story short, I came home after work and ended up falling asleep before my scheduled dinner time, and of course woke up at 9:45pm hungry.
I really did not feel like making a normal portioned dinner, even though the whole "eating late at night will make you gain weight faster" is a myth, that's when I remembered that I had bought two packs of spinach fettuccine, if you are familiar with shirataki noodles, it's pretty much in the same category.
I really thought it was going to be like shirataki noodles with a weird chewy texture and a "fake" noodle taste, to my surprise after trying it out, the taste was amazing and texture of the spinach noodles actually felt like noodles, and the only thing I did was pretty much boil the noodles for 5 min, drain the water and just topped it off with some tomato sauce and a small amount of mozzarella cheese.

so if you find this brand, I say give it a shot, 1 pack = 2 servings and 1 serving has only 25 calories and 5g of carbs. and it has definitely cured my late night appetite.

I hope this helps others out that are looking for that "pasta" fix and not wanting to feel guilty afterwards.

Replies

• blueliss26
    blueliss26 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting these... I am a big pasta fan and going to see if I can track these down...
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the miracle noodles were a bust. I couldn't get over the smell and the taste was DEFINITELY weird and chewey. These sound like a good alternative.
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    WildWoodPastaSlimSpinachFettucine.JPG

so long story short, I came home after work and ended up falling asleep before my scheduled dinner time, and of course woke up at 9:45pm hungry.
    I really did not feel like making a normal portioned dinner, even though the whole "eating late at night will make you gain weight faster" is a myth, that's when I remembered that I had bought two packs of spinach fettuccine, if you are familiar with shirataki noodles, it's pretty much in the same category.
    I really thought it was going to be like shirataki noodles with a weird chewy texture and a "fake" noodle taste, to my surprise after trying it out, the taste was amazing and texture of the spinach noodles actually felt like noodles, and the only thing I did was pretty much boil the noodles for 5 min, drain the water and just topped it off with some tomato sauce and a small amount of mozzarella cheese.

so if you find this brand, I say give it a shot, 1 pack = 2 servings and 1 serving has only 25 calories and 5g of carbs. and it has definitely cured my late night appetite.

I hope this helps others out that are looking for that "pasta" fix and not wanting to feel guilty afterwards.

Where did you get them? I've only been able to find Miracle Noodles and the other brand ... House Foods, I think.
  • BaristaX
    Options
    thanks for posting these... I am a big pasta fan and going to see if I can track these down...

no problem, I must admit, out of all the stores I go to, I can only find that brand at my local farmers market.
  • BaristaX
    Options

Where did you get them? I've only been able to find Miracle Noodles and the other brand ... House Foods, I think.

I think the best possible way to find it is probably to google it and see if a store near you carries it.
    the wildwood spinach noodles does have the similar smell the house foods shirataki noodles have, but after draining it and boiling it, it's on a whole new level. Good luck finding it
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Those look great :)
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    http://www.wildwoodfoods.com/product_finder

Here is the link to see if it is in your area