Down in the dumps

Options
SO I went for my 4 week weigh in last night at my Boot Camp Areobics class and I only lost a total of 2 inches (0.5 off my hips, 1.0 off my abdomen, and 0.5 off my bust) and I actually gained 5 pounds. I am so down right now and discouraged. I ahve been working so hard and monitoring my food and calorie intake...Ugghh...What is the point?! I need to figure out a way to move past this unfortunate turn of events and break through so that my next weigh in I will WOW myself!

Replies

• ainslieelizabeth
    Options
    SO I went for my 4 week weigh in last night at my Boot Camp Areobics class and I only lost a total of 2 inches (0.5 off my hips, 1.0 off my abdomen, and 0.5 off my bust) and I actually gained 5 pounds. I am so down right now and discouraged. I ahve been working so hard and monitoring my food and calorie intake...Ugghh...What is the point?! I need to figure out a way to move past this unfortunate turn of events and break through so that my next weigh in I will WOW myself!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Unfortunate? It sounds like your body is making great headway!
    Your body is still adjusting to your feeding it properly and exercising - plus the weight is most likely from muscle mass. You're losing inches, and thats what matters! Keep your chin up!
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    I am right there with you. I'm stuck because I've never been lower than this. It doesn't matter how hard I try I can't budge.
    I've worked out to the point I can barely move and I can't possibly eat any less or any better. So what am I supposed to do? Results keep me motivated and this makes me want to quit and enjoy eating and being able to walk without muscle pain again.
    But you know what. This time, I'm not going to quit. I feel better just knowing that I'm trying and the couple inches I have lost were inches I will never see again!!!!!
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    keep up the hard work and u will continue seeing results!!! maybe try some new foods to keep u interested and excited about this journey. you can do it!!!!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I'm stuck because I've never been lower than this. It doesn't matter how hard I try I can't budge.
    I've worked out to the point I can barely move and I can't possibly eat any less or any better.

Maybe you aren't eating enough? You need to eat your exercise caloires. If you don't your body will go into strvation mode and make it extremely difficult for you to lose weight.
  • 50&Happy!
    Options
    Just think about the inches you lost. WOW! I think that's GREAT! Good for you! Just keep at it and think about how well you have done, not about the pounds coming off. Your body must be looking better and your clothes fitting better too. Just keep going... You can do it.:flowerforyou:
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    I've worked out to the point I can barely move and I can't possibly eat any less or any better.

Maybe you aren't eating enough? You need to eat your exercise caloires. If you don't your body will go into strvation mode and make it extremely difficult for you to lose weight.

Thanks. I do eat my workout calories, trust me I live for them. They keep me going to the gym. lol! I think I'm not getting enough veggies and fruit to keep me full. I'll keep plugging along.
  • ainslieelizabeth
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and advice! =) I am going to stay with it...I hope I can jump over this hurdle!
  • Wantabe
    Wantabe Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I live in the country (so to speak) on 3-1/4 acres of workable land - meaning grass mowing land. My husband rides the mower and I use the push a mower for the exercise - trim out, cut hills, and regular mowing. It takes me 2-1/2 hours of just mowing - that is 2088 calories burned for one day - well over my allotted amount permitted. NOW, is it ok to eat 2,088 calories on a reduction diet? SOMEONE PLEASE, PLEASE, HELP ME.

Thanks. I do eat my workout calories, trust me I live for them. They keep me going to the gym. lol! I think I'm not getting enough veggies and fruit to keep me full. I'll keep plugging along.
  • Wantabe
    Wantabe Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I live in the country (so to speak) on 3-1/4 acres of workable land - meaning grass mowing land. My husband rides the mower and I use the push mower for the exercise - trim out, cut hills, and regular mowing. It takes me 2-1/2 hours of just mowing - that is 2088 calories burned for one day - well over my allotted amount permitted. NOW, is it ok to eat 2,088 calories on a reduction diet? SOMEONE PLEASE, PLEASE, HELP ME.

• abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    eat your exercise calories!!!