Weight lifting for women

Options
I am looking for support and ideas to start weightlifting . I have plateaued using Zumba and R.I.P.P.E.D. Can anyone give me any suggestions?

Replies

• Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I bought The New Rules of Lifting for Women (book) after reading many post about some ladies recommending it. It explains some weight lifting exercises, but also cover nutrition, etc.

Other option is if you have a gym membership, you could hire a personal trainer just for one session to get a few tips, practice proper form and maybe even get a little routine.

I've seen posts on here where people mentioned some great websites, but unfortunately , I did not take note...hopefully they will post here and give you the links.

Good luck and happy lifting!
  • ranchorunner
    Options
    Try Body Pump...it's 50 minutes of choreographed weight lifting to music. Works all of the muscle groups. I take it at 24-Hour Fitness and love it. I also do spin class (3 times per week...kicks my butt!!) and run once a week. Gotta change it up once in a while. Keep up the great work!!!
  • Lost_Mermaid
    Lost_Mermaid Posts: 136
    Options
    I have 'The New Rules of LIfting for Women' and I do like it, but after I bought the book I found the Stronglifts website and I like it better...and it's free! So I suggest at least checking that out before spending money on anything :)
  • MeadowSong
    MeadowSong Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I just started "New Rules of Lifting for Women"! I think it's gonna be great. Feel better after first week. Very solid info in book. Bought a weight set and bench off craigslist--this book gives options for home-gym folks like me. Whatever you do, do it! And eat enough to be healthy.
  • xochi71
    xochi71 Posts: 33
    Options
    Awe, thanks ladies for the ideas and suggestions. You all have definitly pointed me in the right direction. I will keep you all posted .