Protein shakes

Options
I heard that they are really food for after excerciae has anyone had success using these shakes I know protein is suppose boot metabolism and help with stomach pack any stories ?

Replies

• jayb33z
    jayb33z Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    i drink them constantly. especially when food choices are less than optimal. all of them are quite nasty. you can load them up with fruit, ice, etc for a smoothie but they're still gross IMO
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    protein is protein... think of protein shake as a food substitute for a lean protein such as chicken or tuna. so if you hear that protein shakes is good for after exercise or boosts metabolism, think of it as chicken breast is good after exercise and boosts metabolism.
  • jwenick
    jwenick Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Protein feeds your muscles....and the more muscle you have, the more calories you will burn during exersize, or at rest. So, yes! protein shakes are good! Especially after a hard workout. Not only will it feed your muscle...it will also help in the repair process and help you to feel not as sore the next day or two......

Hope this helps!!!
  • sortin
    sortin Posts: 78
    Options
    i drink them constantly. especially when food choices are less than optimal. all of them are quite nasty. you can load them up with fruit, ice, etc for a smoothie but they're still gross IMO
    My girlfriend had gotten a 2lb thing of GNC chocolate casein protein powder a while ago, I found it, and started using it. It tastes great, so I don't know what others are like yet. It's just about gone, so I have some more of another brand on it's way. Unfortunately, apparently some taste aweful, and you're a bit committed to a giant tub of it when you buy it. Samples would be nice ):
  • Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    protein is protein... think of protein shake as a food substitute for a lean protein such as chicken or tuna. so if you hear that protein shakes is good for after exercise or boosts metabolism, think of it as chicken breast is good after exercise and boosts metabolism.

Could not have said it better myself.... :)
  • Nikkimaxim
    Nikkimaxim Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Gnc's Lean shake 25s do not taste bad..they only have 200 calories and 25 grams of protein per serving.
    They definitely help as a meal replacement for me:)
  • Voyage2GdHlth
    Options
    I used to drink GNCs Protein Shakes but now I drink Shakeology...has less protein but more nutrients since I can never seem to get all my fruits and veggies in. I have packets if your interested in trying.
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    As already stated, protein is protein and the biggest difference with a shake over lean meat is the delivery system. They're designed to supplement your diet and aren't an instant fat loss tool.

Personally I use a couple of different types/brands. For cardio days I use BSC Hydroxyburn Pro and for after lifting Evolve Anabolic Injection. Both very tasty xD
  • BrentJulius
    BrentJulius Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Caseine before bed is good because is is a slow metabolizing protein and whey shakes are best after working out because it absorbs very quickly and add simple carbs with it (sugar) for quick delivery of nutrients to the muscles.. make this the only simple carbs you eat all day.. just 16 oz. of lowfat chocolate milk makes a perfect post workout drink too..