morning workouts?

Options
How can I get up and get a pilates in, in the morning? I really want to soooooo bad, but I'm telling you I can't do it. Every night I say oh ya tomorrow morning I'm going to get up and do it, tomorrow comes and I'm always to tired.

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    You just have to get into a routine and it starts with getting up once!... put your alarm clock across the room, put your workout clothes out, and you can do it!

~Leash :heart:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    You just have to get into a routine and it starts with getting up once!... put your alarm clock across the room, put your workout clothes out, and you can do it!

~Leash :heart:

Yep, that would be my advice too! Set your workout clothes out, and don't allow yourself to hit snooze! Hop out of bed and just do it! :bigsmile:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I must say that I am tired too on some mornings but I meet with a girl three days a week to eliptical and lift weights! I live 1/2 hr from the center so I am up at 4:30 and out the door by 5:15. I tell you honestly I feel great when I see the arrival of the new day, it seems to be beautiful! It is hard with having hot flashes alot through the night waking me up but exercising is a priority to me! I live in the country and run but this girl needed a partner to get in a routine and I offered! But LIFE is SOOOO much better when you drink your water and EXERCISE!! Best wishes!!
    vhuber
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I really believe that if i didn't go to the gym (Curves) first thing in the morning, I wouldn't go at all. It isn't easy at first, but you will feel so good afterwards that it will soon become a habit.

:noway: I would definately put the alarm clock across the room, and put the workout clothes between the bed and the alarm clock, if possible. Once you get up to turn off the alarm, you can't get back to bed without facing the clothes.
  • alicnc
    Options
    I sometimes even sleep in my workout clothes. That way it's one less thing for me to do in the morning. And I also feel like if I don't work out, then I've wasted my work out clothes for nothing.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I try to get my work outs in the evening because no matter how much will power I think I have, more often than not I blow right through that alarm.

However, when I do get an AM workout in, I feel great the rest of the day.

Tomorrow I'm planning a double-header because that's just how my schedule works this week. Weights at 530am. C25K after work.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I sometimes even sleep in my workout clothes. That way it's one less thing for me to do in the morning. And I also feel like if I don't work out, then I've wasted my work out clothes for nothing.

I have my set-up in the basement. I just work out in my shorts...barefoot. One of these days I'm going drop a weight on my toes and that will be the end of that.
  • KismetHot
    Options
    Girl I am just like you! :laugh: For the last 3 weeks I have set my alarm to wake up to woke out and it never fails, I hit the snooze button until I have to get up for work. So the only alternative for me is bringing my gym clothes with me to work. Therefore when my work day is over instead of going home to change and getting back out ...which rarely would happen. I still want to get up atleast 3 days a week to do my yoga video. :ohwell:
  • groovegoddess
    Options
    I am not and have never been a morning person and I hit the snooze button over and over for at least 30 minutes every morning , even if i get my 8 hours in so I wish I had a solution!! I'm sure it feels great to have a workout in the morning before the day starts but how does a night hawk do this? I live for my weekends so that I can sleep in until 11:00 a.m!

Wish I could do it too!
  • gunswife
    Options
    If i do not go in the early morning right after I drop my daughter off I know I won't go. The only time I ever go in the evening is if I am going with DH or if I am seeing a trainer. So even when I am dead tired. I force myself to go. I just keep thinking that a good workout sets the tone for the day and will give me energy to do everything I need to do. Hope you can start pilates soon!!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Once you get in the habit of going, you'll really get into it. You'll sleep better and therefore have more energy to get up the next morning!
  • NakiaG
    Options
    For the past 2 months I have been waking up at 4am every morning to go workout. I know that if i didn't I would end up making excuses all day long about why I couldn't so I just decided to get up and go. I have my workout clothes right on the dresser. I set my cell phone alarm (all 3 of them) to ring 10 minutes within each other so just in case I feel like snoozing it will keep buzzing until I get my butt up. I have it set for 3:45 and the gym is about 2 seconds from my house so I'm usually in there and on the machines by 4. My husband thinks I'm nuts and so does almost everyone I know but I gotta do what I gotta do. YOU CAN DO IT
  • annasid78
    Options

:happy: Now I am thinking that is a great idea.

As for me. I am starting to make it a habit. But I am not able to do it all at once. I can't seem to make myself get out of bed all 6 days I work out. So my goal right now is to do it 2 times aweek. The remaing day I work out in the evenings. I hope to bump it up to 3 days, then 4 etc.