Stuck at home

This last week I've been stuck at home apart from taking my daughters to school and a few odd jobs. Our oven is playing up and we're expecting a new one to be delivered, but don't know when. I want to be home of course, but this is impacting on any walking or cycling I'd like to do.

Any tips out there for 'at home' exercise?

I've been here at MFP for a couple of days now and it really making me be accountable, but would love some more friends on my list to motive me if you'd like to add me! :)

Thanks

Replies

• Welcome to MFP - just added you!

How about exercise DVD's? Or getting some basic fitness equipment like hand weights or a thigh toner? Or running up & down stairs? or jogging around the garden (if you have one)?

It really depends on if you want to do cardio or strength training.
  • JD830278
    JD830278 Posts: 84 Member
    On my tv (sky), there are a couple of channels that show exercise DVDs like Jillian Michaels, Kim Kardashian etc. Like it has been said, it depends on what kind of exercise you want to do!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    On my tv (sky), there are a couple of channels that show exercise DVDs like Jillian Michaels, Kim Kardashian etc. Like it has been said, it depends on what kind of exercise you want to do!

Can you tell us which channels they are? I have sky so it could be useful.
  • vivmurray
    vivmurray Posts: 22 Member
    im at home too...on maternity leave and the weather is pretty rubbish here (ireland). i have 30 day shred dvd and do zumba off youtube while baby naps! id like to know what stations too as im starting to get bored so a change will be needed soon
  • JD830278
    JD830278 Posts: 84 Member

Can you tell us which channels they are? I have sky so it could be useful.

Sorry ladies, I just saw this. it's channels 281(active channel) 282(fitness channel- this one has the dvds on).
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    also look at zuzana light on You Tube - she is suppose be very good.
  • Thanks everyone! Why didn't I think of YouTube? I'm in New Zealand, our Sky TV doesn't have a fitness channel unfortunately, but we do have a DVD shop down the road.