30 Day Shred

Options
Hi Everyone,

So I started the 30 day shred on 1st May and completed Day 10 this morning. I can now do level 1 with ease and I am doing all of the moves in the advanced way except push ups which i still do the girly way!!

I took pictures and measurements before and was going to take them every 10 days so I can update my diary after each level and I am due to do this tonight. Problem is, I'm a bit scared as I feel like there has been no change at all! I havent taken photos or measured but I do have a full length mirror on my wardrobe so I see myself every day and I am worried about measuring.

Does anybody else feel like this?

Replies

• coderby
    coderby Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Something to remember is it's very hard to notice any difference on a day to day basis when doing any form of exercise or weight loss, more likely somebody who doesn't see you on that daily basis more weekly or monthly will notice it. I wouldn't worry about it but I would measure and just record before worrying about any results, then look at them at the end of the 30 days.
  • momwhosbusy
    momwhosbusy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way after L1 on 30DS and was so discouraged. I did measure and was SO pleasantly surprised, I had lost 8.5 inches all over! So I say MEASURE! My final measurements were Monday a.m. this week and I was shocked, total loss was 16.25 inches! I was slightly disappointed as I had NO weight loss but the tape measure made up for it.
  • lottier0311
    lottier0311 Posts: 125
    Options
    Thats another thing, I havent lost weight. I mean, I would like to lose weight but I am still healhty so thats not a priority but it would be nice to see the scales move...
  • starrynightskys
    starrynightskys Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just tried level 2 of the 30 day shred after not having done any of the levels for a while, and I am just getting back into exercise.
    I feel shaky and dizzy now. Is this normal for any of you or am I just really unfit?
  • mlts10
    mlts10 Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm about to start the 30 day shred. (waiting for it to come in the mail) Any advice when starting? Do you need weights or any other equipment? How long are the workouts?
    Thanks!
  • fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    mlts10: you just need 2 or 3 lb hand weights. Jillian has 3 circuits and each one is 3 minutes of strength (using light hand weights) , 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs. It's great but you may find that the first day or two you can't use the weights for some of the moves- don't quit! just put down the weights and do the movements without them!

and i'm on day 3 of 30DS level 1 and I feel slightly shaky after it! It gets better!!

good on all of us for doing this!!!!!
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! I didn't even do measurements or take any pictures. I'm figuring it will be what it will be and I should be able to start noticing a difference in my clothing and my soreness/strength and I have.
    I'm only through day 6 now but great job! Your 1/3 of the way. I have heard that after that first level and into 2 and 3 is when you really start seeing some changes gradual as they may be but they are happening even though you may not see them...YET!
  • mlts10
    mlts10 Posts: 32
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I can't wait to get started!
  • lottier0311
    Options
    I hope you're right maieranne77. I was starting to feel a little disheartened. I'll measure tonight but not dwell on it too much, just move on and see what happens...
  • lottier0311
    Options
    I was right, Nothing :-(
  • fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    But you did say you could now do Level 1 with ease! Think of the first day when it involved swearing and panting!! Your hard work is still showing results!!!
  • LaylaEC
    LaylaEC Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 2 of the 30 Day Shred....I love it! I really love a short and interesting workout....I had been trying to get out for a walk everyday but I just don't have the time and this solves it for me. My whole body hurts and my legs feel like jelly so I know it's working! I am on week 3 of logging my food on MFP...the first week I did great and lost 5 pounds...the second week I lost nothing. I weighed myself halfway through this week and still lost nothing. I weigh again tomorrow morning and hope to see a little weight loss after starting this workout.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I was slightly disappointed as I had NO weight loss but the tape measure made up for it.

I will take inches vs. lbs...because at the end of the day less inches = smaller size
  • lottier0311
    Options
    But nothing happened for me. I will keep going but my measurements and weight are the same. Only thing is like has already been said, I am fitter because i find level 1 really easy now.
  • LaylaEC
    LaylaEC Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    be patient...I'm sure you will see results soon! :happy: