Vitamins?

Options
I want to start taking vitamins but when I start to look I get SO overwhelmed. With so many on the market, what should I be looking for, and conversly, avoiding? I am a 30 something female...

Thanks MFP's!

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Why do you wnat to start taking them?

By which I mean, where do you feel your diet is deficient, or have you a particular condition that you're concerned about?
  • Nicolemac36
    Nicolemac36 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I saw a naturopath she prescribed for me B complex, good for energy and your metabolism. Viatmin D many of us are deficient in it. Magnesium for aches and pains. I have been taking those three for 6 months now I feel great, no food cravings, good energy, and my metabolism feels like it's working. You should consider seeing a naturopath to help see what vitamins you may need.
  • akiramezu
    akiramezu Posts: 278
    Options
    Go to a doctor, get a complete blood test, the whole shebang, find out what you're deficient in, and if you fix it through your diet, go for it, if you can't, take a supplement. But just for someones general well being and health, you should take a multi-vitamin haha :D
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    IF you are getting a good mix of daily healthy foods, you shouldn't need too many vitamins....
    I take 1 multi a day and 1 vitamin A to keep my skin clear....
  • musicianbob
    musicianbob Posts: 12
    Options
    I can only reply to what works for me; male & 35. I have a blog with the type of stuff I take. I really am not trying to advertise (lol I have like 2 followers) but I have a blog where I post what I take outside of your typical ABC vitamins. Your mileage may vary. It is what works FOR ME. But there may be some info that's useful. (towards the bottom of the page).

http://musicianbob.wordpress.com/2012/02/

Good luck. My best advice is to talk to a real doctor and do plenty of reading.
  • Adnan5224
    Adnan5224 Posts: 14
    Options
    A good multi-vitamin and fish oil.
  • thebossman2
    Options
    Get the mutli-vitamin from the brand Optimum Nutrition, they also have a womens multi. Pick up any fish oil and youre good to go
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Get the mutli-vitamin from the brand Optimum Nutrition, they also have a womens multi. Pick up any fish oil and youre good to go

I just started taking the women's one a week ago. It's only been a week so I can't say for sure if it's helping anything but I can say that since starting them I sleep better and I have had no upset stomach from them (which is rare for me)