Fitness balls

Options
I'm wanting to get a fitness ball... but not sure how to figure what size (small, med, large) of ball to get! Wanna use it for crunches, pushups, some weights. Ideas/suggestions?

Replies

• kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    No one uses these? Ya know... like the big beach ball lookin' things?
  • moamom1
    moamom1 Posts: 15
    Options
    I think the box has information on determining the size to get useing your height as a guide. My Mom and Son(when he was younger) being under 5foot used a small. I'm 5'4" and use a medium.
  • Kashton2011
    Kashton2011 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I use one, although not too sure of the size, think it might be a medium. I don't do a lot of stuff on it as I've got no idea what to do - think I may need to look on you tube for some ideas. Best of luck to you
  • dbutche
    dbutche Posts: 3
    Options
    I use an exersice ball. I got mine with the purchase of core secrets. It came with a measuring tape to give you an idea of how large the ball should be. I do these dvds 1 to 2 times a week.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    That was my nickname in high school.
  • bigaggie06
    bigaggie06 Posts: 10
    Options
    I am 5'10" and was on the "short" side of the suggested scale for the large ball; I think most people would fall in the medium ball size which most manufacturers I think were like the 5'4" - 5'9" range.

Just do a google search on exercise balls and look at the mfg website, they usually have the suggested ranges for each size.
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • greasygriddle_wechnage
    greasygriddle_wechnage Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have a big ball, and LOVE it! :blushing:
  • scrapscot
    scrapscot Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I think I goofed..I went by the height on the box..and got a small one. I should have gotten a medium.
  • EinTX
    EinTX Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    If I could only have one fierce of equipment it would be my fitness ball. There are so many ways to use it and it is just fun.
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and bought a medium one. I found this site which has workouts at beginner, intermediate and advanced levels
    http://www.exercise-ball-exercises.com/basic-exercise-ball-workout.html