I'm in the 160s!!

Options
JessJessB
JessJessB Posts: 22 Member
I remember in high school seeing a 160 number on the scale and hating it, thinking I needed to be 120. I have no idea where I got 120, but even though 160 was perfectly healthy for my height, I was convinced I was overweight, and self-conscious about it.

Flash forward through college, marriage, and three kids (in 4 years), and I found myself at 276, wishing to be back at that number that made me so unhappy in high school. I did my research, found that 160-165 is pretty much perfect for my 5'9 frame, and I started counting calories. That was in July of 2011... and this morning, May 10, 2012, I weighed in at 168.4. And I feel AMAZING! 160 is my goal, and I'll get there, but this number is giving me an unexpected feeling of success. I've lost 108 lbs with plain old diet and exercise- no fads, no surgery, just willpower and the support of my friends and family. I'm really, really proud of myself, and grateful to everyone who has helped me along the way.

I guess I better start researching "maintainer" lifestyle, since I'm only 8.4 lbs away from it!

Replies

• salma32sh
    salma32sh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    great job
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    OK, this is seriously awesome! You are a really awesome role model. Thank you for sharing. those last 8.4 lbs are in trouble!!
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    wonderful results, you're amazing!
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Great work - motivation for recovery from last night. YOU are MY inspiration!
  • ereedy61
    ereedy61 Posts: 15
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That is indeed a milestone and you must feel awesome!! :)
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is awesome!!
  • caroly
    caroly Posts: 8
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! 108 lbs on your own that is really great!!!
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    That is great, congats! When I think back to high school, I thought I was soo fat, but now I would love to be back at that weight!
  • lpeace2u
    lpeace2u Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!! What an awesome feeling. I am 8 lbs. from goal as well but i'm considering changing the goal by 5 lbs. It seems that entire 8 lbs. is sitting in belly fat. LOL
  • allipix711
    allipix711 Posts: 91
    Options
    Congrats! All your hard work certainly paid off!!!
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Very encouraging to me. Can't wait until I'm only 8 lbs from my goal.
  • cnmince
    cnmince Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's wonderful. Thanks for posting this, it's encouragement for the rest of us!
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Incredible! That's awesome!
  • kser145
    kser145 Posts: 40
    Options
    Great job!!! What a motivational story. I love reading about people that have lost their weight by the good old fashion way of DIET & EXERCISE to many are turning to surgery & fad diets. Thanks for showing us with time and hard work we can reach our goals!!!
  • debs6
    debs6 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Oh well done -that is truly an amazing achievement. How pleased you must be to be so close to your ultimate goal.
  • CDresp
    CDresp Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Well done! Congratulations!!! :drinker:
  • nycalison
    nycalison Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I was 130 (5'1) in HS and thought I was fat, teenagers are so stupid lol You are an inspiration, thank you for sharing!
  • lolarit
    lolarit Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    That's a great success! You must feel so proud!
    I remember being 135 and thinking I was overweight. I can't even be annoyed at those past thoughts because at the time they seemed so justified. Now I need to work my butt off just to get back to that weight - hopefully before the end of the year!
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work, and well deserved! :)
  • lilyvale68
    lilyvale68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! At 165, I am 100 lbs below my heaviest weight and I feel amazing. Cheers to the 160s!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!