Ready for a change...new here

Options
I am a 32 year old mother of three children. I work as a hairstylist and love my job. I want to learn how to eat things I like without going overboard. I have a tendency to binge eat at night, and I'd love it if anyone out there has some friendly advice about how to deal with that!! Basically, I want to stop the yo-yo dieting and losing weight but ALWAYS gaining it back. I'd love to chat with people going through these issues! Thanks! Allison

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    welcome!! and good luck!
  • gunswife
    Options
    Welcome!!!
  • Demetria
    Options
    WELCOME!

I think making sure to eat a good breakfast, lunch & dinner really helps with binging at night. You may be overeating at night because you haven't eaten enough calories or too many empty calories (food that has little nutritional value) that your body really needs to survive. Listen to your body. GOOD LUCK!

Demetria
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It's one of the best websites out there!

You can do this! :drinker:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    Allow yourself limited quantities of what you love, instead of depriving yourself completely. If you tell yourself you will NEVER eat chocolate again, then give in to have 1...you've failed, so you might as well eat 25 since you've already failed :sick: . Instead, budget in say, 3 per day, and then you know you can have it...it's not lost to you forever. Just do so in moderation.

The advice on eating healthy, filling foods throughout the day is excellent too. Don't skip meals or eat empty calories, they just leave you wanting MORE. Instead eat foods high in protein, fiber, and as natural as possible. It helps keep you full longer. Also, if you plan 6 small meals a day instead of 3 large ones, you know you never have long to go before you get to eat again :flowerforyou: .
  • JuneGem6471
    JuneGem6471 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I there and welcome, this site is very helpful, I have used it in the past and now Im back!!:flowerforyou: