Juice cleanse

Options
TreyT3
TreyT3 Posts: 16 Member
I was thinking that I might do a 5 day juice cleanse. Does anyone have any experience doing a juice cleanse that would like to share their experience / opinions? Also if anyone has a good 5 day plan, I would love some more information or website link with more information on a good juice plan. Thanks.

Replies

• LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Yes. I love them. You probably will gain some, if not most, of the weight back at first when you start eating solids again, but for me it helps kickstart my efforts and is probably more of a psychological benefit than physical. However, since eating well requires psychological perseverance, I think it's beneficial and the last time I did one I ended up losing quite a bit of weight when all was said and done.

I recommend doing a cleanse from a place that is known for them because you don't have to think about it. It is pricey.
  • nigel061
    nigel061 Posts: 109
    Options
    Your body naturally cleanses itself!
  • TreyT3
    Options

I appreciate your opinion, I think Joe Cross and I feel different than you, but I respect your opinion. So perhaps you can look at it less as a "cleanse" and more of me wanting to drastically increase my fruit and vegetable consumption. :smile:
  • TreyT3
    Options
    Thanks LiddyBit. Anyone else have experience, info to share?
  • amccart4
    amccart4 Posts: 12
    Options
    Do you want a juice cleanse specifically? As in, liquids only? I found this one which has 3 levels of juice cleanses: http://blueprintcleanse.com

Careful about extremes in terms of cleanses, especially if you are working out at the level that you have been. You are already eating clean so just consider what it is that you are wanting to gain from the cleanse.

Another option is the one that I did, which involves cutting carbs and dairy and implementing a fiber drink and tablets as well as a probiotic. I personally think this is the way to go, as it utilizes "good bacteria" and fiber to cleanse your system, which is less extreme than a juice cleanse.

Here's the link to that one: https://www.advocare.com/111016120/Store/ItemDetail.aspx?itemCode=W3171&id=search&flavor=C
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    A lot of the juice cleanses offer a supplement you drink if you want to work out (like yoga or similar).
  • iggymomma
    iggymomma Posts: 6
    Options
    I began this skeptically (my sister has done the Master Cleanse and lost 10 lbs temporarily while practically starving her body for 10 days) -- but after a lot of research and taste testing I tried the 5day cleanse at Organic Avenue. They have boutique stores in NYC but I think they'll ship practically anywhere. I chose the Love* Fast plan because it incorporated both juices and a small salad in the evening. After two days I wasn't starving, but I was dying to chew!!

My goal was to not only flush my system of toxins but to reset my diet because after having lost 40 lbs on WW more than six years ago and keeping it off for five, I'd gained nearly 20 back post-wedding a year ago and somehow lost the discipline to lose it again.

* It flushed my system for sure -- don't do this for the first time without making sure you have the ability to relieve yourself pretty frequently.

* I had more energy than ever (although I couldn't run like I can when not cleansing -- and in truth they recommend only walking/yoga throughout); my skin was brighter; I had more clarity; and best of all I SLEPT, really slept -- soundly and easily.

* I regained my discipline -- my cleanse ended on 4/29 and my bad habits have not returned. The price tag has a lot to do with this, as does the lower number on my scale.

* I lost 9 lbs in 5 days -- and although once I began eating again I did regain 1.5 lbs, I've shed that again by merely eating healthily. I consider my diet "clean eating" although I can't say I follow any formal diet.

If you're in/near NYC I'd highly recommend OA, good luck with your decision!!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    When requesting information, have you made up your mind and decided you want to do this or are you also interested in research pointing out negative aspects of such cleanses?
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I don't have an issue with people fasting or cleansing. I think it can help some people psychologically. However, don't expect any drastic changes in your body. You aren't going to suddenly have a faster metabolism or be free of cravings.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options

I appreciate your opinion, I think Joe Cross and I feel different than you, but I respect your opinion. So perhaps you can look at it less as a "cleanse" and more of me wanting to drastically increase my fruit and vegetable consumption. :smile:
    Not to be snarky, but have you tried simply eating more fruits and vegetables? The MFP food tracker can also be used for planning. Just add a few to every meal, make sure to eat them, and you're set.
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    When requesting information, have you made up your mind and decided you want to do this or are you also interested in research pointing out negative aspects of such cleanses?

I think his mind is made up already. He "respects the opinion" of others, but you know, in the end, I suppose its his body, and if he wants to do the damage, there's not much anyone else is going to do to be able to convince him not to.

I hate the fact that Americans are so set on finding an "easy way out" of achieving things that normal folks are able to just do. I mean, you wanna up your fruit and veggie consumption? You guys won't believe this, but I have a SOOPER SEEKRET way of doing this. Shhhh, don't tell everyone, but you can eat fruits and veggies at every meal and you'll up your fruit and veggie consumption without the negatives that go with crazy *kitten* diets like cleanses. :smokin:
  • ChubbyStudent25
    Options
    I'm doing a 10 day juice fast right now because I am going to a water park next week. I have done them a few times before and I love them. Yes most of the weight you lose is water weight but it still gives me a much slimmer appearance when I do them especially in the midsection area. I also don't gain most of it back after I'm done but that is due to eating clean when I start to eat again.

My boyfriend does juice fast for weeks at a time but he is monitored by his doctor and nutritionist.

Also when I get really hungry I eat solid fruit and veggies and I drink lots of green tea and have the occasional protein shake.
  • sstafford21
    Options
    I've followed two different juicing programs.

The first one was following http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/ watch the film free on netflix it really changed my opinion of juicing.

The other one which I'm doing now is http://www.juicemaster.com/us/ I find the recipes less complicated and easier to prep.

Before juicing I was obsessed with counting calories and was eating mostly pre-made diet food, Lean Cuisines and fiber bars and the like. Which led me to avoid a lot of natural foods like fruit, nuts and avocados because of calories.

With juicing I was feeding my body real food and wasn't hungry (you'll have cravings).

I really feel that juicing is a much better way for your body to loose weight, I've also kept the majority of the weight I lost off because it really reprogrammed my cravings.
  • apcecil
    apcecil Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I got my juicer about a week ago and have been juicing for breakfast since then (carrot, cucumber, celery, green apple, kale, and whatever else I'm in the mood for). The energy that I get from my juice is unbelievable, so it has encouraged me to try my first juice cleanse, which I plan to start tomorrow.

I'm going with the DIY Blueprint cleanse found here (http://homefitnessmanual.com/diet-tips/hacking-the-blueprint-cleanse-how-to-get-the-same-results-but-at-half-the-cost) Not that I wouldn't love to try their product, but I already have a juicer, I don't live anywhere near a major city, and I know that the fresher the juice is, the more benefit it provides.

I'm not going into this cleanse in an attempt to lose weight, I just want to get rid of some toxins from years of bad eating and start over so I can (hopefully) cut out all the sugar and processed foods that have been such a big part of my diet up until now. From what I have read about cleanses, they are particularly helpful in ending those cravings for the bad stuff. We shall see.

Good luck with whatever you decide to try!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    You asked for opinions! I came in the thread looking to see different opinions on the issue. It's starting to sound like you're actually promoting this instead of asking about it.
  • ChubbyStudent25
    Options
    You asked for opinions! I came in the thread looking to see different opinions on the issue. It's starting to sound like you're actually promoting this instead of asking about it.

He was asking for info because he has decided to do a cleanse but he wasn't asking about whether people agree with it or not. If you want a thread where people are debating about the pros or cons of fasting then do a search and you will find plenty of them.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I use the internal organ, all-natural cleanse. Figure since it has been working since the dawn of civilization, might as well trust the pattern will continue.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    He was asking for info because he has decided to do a cleanse
    Nope. He is thinking about doing a cleanse. Or at least that's how I read his OP.
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I use the internal organ, all-natural cleanse. Figure since it has been working since the dawn of civilization, might as well trust the pattern will continue.

Less than three this. HARD.