Hello Everybody :)

Options
I hope you are all doing well! Obviously, I'm new here. My name is Laura. I am 29 years old. I have an amazing 8 year old son from a previous marriage. I am getting remarried in September of this year. I have learned that with age, comes weight....when you don't take care of yourself, ha ha! At least for me, that's how it is happening. I USED to be able to eat whatever, whenever and do very minimal exercise...yeah...not so much anymore. A girlfriend of mine at work was telling me about this website and the app on her phone, and it sounded perfect for me! My fiance and I joined a gym 2 weeks ago. I went for the first week, during my lunch break at work, but I didn't go last week....or so far this week (but I AM going today!). I could stand to lose about 10 lbs or so, but my weight isn't really the problem....it's the inches! I am 5'8", so my weight is actually in the average range. But I have gone from a 29 inch waist 2 summers ago....to a 36 inch waist....NOT COOL! So I will need help learning what type of exercises to do to help me accomplish losing inches. I will also need help in the nutrition department....MAJOR help.....ha ha! I make the absolute worst food decisions of anybody I know. My biggest motivations are my parents. My father has heart problems from being overweight, and now he is starting to have joint problems (his knees and ankles are always bothering him from the weight). My mother has diabetes. She wasn't diagnosed until a couple of years ago. She is constantly having to take shots, check her blood sugar, etc. She has had a couple of episodes that have scared the living hell out of me, and I do NOT want to put my family through anything like that. I have a huge sweet tooth, and I love sodas....so I know that I have a lot of changing to do. Plus, diabetes runs on her side of the family. Her brother & sister are both diabetic, her father, her father's mom was, her father's sister is, etc. I would love to be the "black sheep" of that trend in her family ;)

Replies

• mimiislosingit
    mimiislosingit Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura! Welcome to MFP. You will love it here...everyone is very supportive and motivating! Good luck with your journey!!

Denise