Seeking Hard Exercising Fitness Pals

Options
Hi all,

Crawled back again yesterday....again, after crashing and burning...I'm laying it all on the line here:

I'm seeking some MFP friends who

1) have lost (or are serious about) losing 25-75 pounds, (I need to lose 60, minimum).
2) who have made exercising hard a big part of their lives,
3) who are willing to give encouragement and occasionally even advice......Critical to my sucess.

I thought I could do it all alone...but it hasn't worked! I REALLY need friends willing to encourage me, and I promise to do the same in return.

To our success!

Lowell in Florida

Replies

• Think_Shaolin
    Options
    Oh well...:glasses:
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have never lost that much or plan to but I definitely have made exercise a huge part of my life! So feel free to add me if you like :)
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    you can add me if you want
  • fenrirGrey
    fenrirGrey Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am at my target weight (was not too far out to begin with) but I've been working out religiously (4+ days a week) for years now and only recently got equally serious about my diet.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome back!

I am pretty hard core- if you can handle it feel free to add me!
  • Nekhet
    Nekhet Posts: 380
    Options
    I started my journey back in December...was close to 240 lbs and I have lost 40+ lbs or so...I weighed in today at 195. I started with a 12 week program on BodyBuilding.com but I am currently doing P90X Classic routine and it is hard but rewarding. If you need motivation or help feel free to add me and I wish you luck on your journey. Stay focused and don't let yourself get away from your goal...if you falter or stumble...SO WHAT. Get back up and start again...no one is perfect and no one will judge you but you. Have faith in yourself and remember where you started and why...changes will come...they can be slow at times but they do come.

Mike
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I run, lift, I aim to improve.

Friend request sent.
  • BigMike915
    BigMike915 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have lost right around 121-123 pounds so far. Still have about 30 more to go. Within the last few months I have made exercise a main factor in my life. I lift 3x a week and do core/cardio 3/4x a week. I have saw more changes in the last four months then I ever did in the previous months with little to no exercise. I will send you a request, and feel free to accept. Good Luck with your goals.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    i work hard on staying fit and improving my overall body composition ..
  • GabrielleZelda
    GabrielleZelda Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hey there BigMike!

I've lost 70 pounds and have made high intensity exercise a part of my regular routine.

I'm definitely willing to offer support in any way I can!

Also, I highly recommend kickboxing and any type of martial arts for a VERY INTENSE workout. I kick box 4 days a week and will be working in 60 minutes of biking 3-4 days a week in the following month or so. The best tip I could offer, would be to uncover the demons of why you gained weight in the first place, and then squash them!! Also, exercise is hard and should be made enjoyable. If it isn't fun, I find it so much more difficult to stick to it.

You CAN do this. If I can do it, ANYONE can, and I mean that. I was the biggest couch potato on the planet, and now I find myself motivating the people around me to exercise and get healthy.

Anyway I wish you LUCK!

Gabrielle (Commit to it, stick to it!)
  • GabrielleZelda
    GabrielleZelda Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hey there BigMike!

I've lost 70 pounds and have made high intensity exercise a part of my regular routine.

I'm definitely willing to offer support in any way I can!

Also, I highly recommend kickboxing and any type of martial arts for a VERY INTENSE workout. I kick box 4 days a week and will be working in 60 minutes of biking 3-4 days a week in the following month or so. The best tip I could offer, would be to uncover the demons of why you gained weight in the first place, and then squash them!! Also, exercise is hard and should be made enjoyable. If it isn't fun, I find it so much more difficult to stick to it.

You CAN do this. If I can do it, ANYONE can, and I mean that. I was the biggest couch potato on the planet, and now I find myself motivating the people around me to exercise and get healthy.

Anyway I wish you LUCK!

Gabrielle (Commit to it, stick to it!)

** oops! I meant this to be directed at OP, Shaolin!
  • row_rivers
    row_rivers Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    hi! here's my application:

i've lost 25 lbs so far, looking to lose about 15-20 more. i'm a little 4'11 girl who has found a passion for dragon boating, which then has inspired me to be as fit as possible. i want to be strong (not skinny) and fast. my fitness levels aren't as high as they can be, but that's why i spend so much time doing a variety of exercises. i lift heavy (as heavy as i can anyway). my cardio is intense. i read a lot of books on these topics. i post regularly. i'm open to critiques. most of all, i'm committed.

so, if i deserve an add, then give me one!
  • YoungLance
    YoungLance Posts: 5
    Options
    Put me in Coach...After exercising 4 to 5 days per week for years, I finally got real with myself, started counting calories (its the only way) and dropped 26lb last year; going from 202lbs down to 176lbs and achieving 13% body fat. Now I've put 5lbs back on since last Fall, and I'm renewing my focus to lose 10lbs and get below 10% body fat. I've found the keys and I'll pass'em on to anyone that'll listen.
  • Aperture_Science
    Options
    bump...

come on exercise crew. Post up your details.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    bump...

I would... but it feels too much like an application. :-D

Am I hard enough.... ?
  • Aperture_Science
    Options
    bump...

I would... but it feels too much like an application. :-D

Am I hard enough.... ?

I think so!
  • Think_Shaolin
    Options
    You do indeed...Thank you!