Looking for some friends to help me stay focused

Options
Hi everyone! I've been on mfp for a few weeks. I previously had been using two different sites, one to track calories and one to track exercise. I also used the bodybugg system for awhile but got tired of paying so much for the program. My cousin, who has done very well in her weight loss and maintenence mentioned mfp to me so I thought I would give it a try. The one thing that I have found missing in the other sites I have used is interaction with other people for encouragement and help... so here I am. I would love it if anyone who would be willing to help me with my goal would friend me. Of course I offer friendship, encouragment and help in return. Thanks in advance everyone!

Replies

• still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm super supportive of my peeps. Just be sure to give the love back!
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Love this site. I love the support you get from people and I love supporting people. Please feel free to add me :smile:
  • Frannie1982
    Frannie1982 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm new as well. Welcome! Feel free to add me as well!
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    I've been here 4 months and lost 50 lbs. Anyone is free to add me and I'll be your best cheerleader ever!!!
  • tlcawthorn
    tlcawthorn Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi! You can add me! I'm the same, I sometimes need help with encouragement and just staying on track. I work in an office 8hrs of the day, and believe it or not, I'm exhausted by the time I get home, and get dinner on the table for my son and I. I usually do yoga a few times a week, I love it. It's SO relaxing!! I need to start waking up earlier in the AM and doing my AM yoga too! I used to do WW, and that helped a lot, but it got too expensive, so I found this site, and started counting calories. I thought about looking into Sensa to help curb my cravings, bc that's my problem, I can eat and eat, and never stop :(
    Good luck on your weight loss!!
  • tlcawthorn
    tlcawthorn Posts: 5
    Options
    I've been here 4 months and lost 50 lbs. Anyone is free to add me and I'll be your best cheerleader ever!!!

Wow!! That's excellent!! I need you as my chearleader!!!
  • slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Yep, Wonderful site. I have only been on for a little over 3 months and it has been so wonderful to meet and cheer fellow weight loss peeps on. =) Welcome !! Feel free to add me too. I do log on daily and cheer every step you take and every calorie you log =)
  • rachellem86
    rachellem86 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You can add me - I'd be happy to help any way I can.

I don't have a dramatic amount of weight to lose, but it has been stubborn and it has been a long, tough road!
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm always up for new friends! Anyone is free to add me.
  • rachellem86
    rachellem86 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You can add me - I'd be happy to help any way I can.

I don't have a dramatic amount of weight to lose, but it has been stubborn and it has been a long, tough road!
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Awesome job on losing 55 lbs so far, that is great!!!! Add me if you want, I love having great supportive friends on here!
  • lane823
    lane823 Posts: 41
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me...but only if you will help encourage me. I've had other people friend me and then I don't hear another word from them! I always try to encourage my friends. We all need someone telling us we've done a good job. Or, sometimes we need to hear that we're straying away and need that helping hand to bring us back into the program. Thanks!
  • Annie_Fannie
    Options
    Hi! I wil send you a reqeust shortly! Looks like you have done wonderfully thus far! Way to go!

I too, could use some buddies, so If anyone sees this and wants some encouragement back, please feel free to add me! I am new to the site and am really loving it!
  • mimiislosingit
    mimiislosingit Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You're gonna love it here! Add me, too, if ya want!!
  • schtump
    schtump Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. Always looking for motivated to help on the journey. Good luck!
  • Polebarbie
    Polebarbie Posts: 84
    Options
    I'm always looking for supportive friends who I can also support so anyone feel free to add me
  • chelle2868
    chelle2868 Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks all! I think I got friend requests out. I'd love to have all the supportive friends I can get. I try very hard to get on mfp everyday (except for last week when I got married and was off on my honeymoon). I also try to be supportive back with all my friends! Good luck to everyone on their journeys.
  • chelle2868
    chelle2868 Posts: 19
    Options
    Welcome!! Awesome job on losing 55 lbs so far, that is great!!!! Add me if you want, I love having great supportive friends on here!

Thanks! I started this journey in July of last year and lost almost all of it in the first 5 months. It's really been a struggle to stay motivated to exercise, life always seems to get in the way (especially when I am dealing with an ornery almost 3 year old all day)
  • whitesoxgirl1
    whitesoxgirl1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I could also use some support. I'm fairly new to the site and I am loving it so far.
  • DeniseChilver
    DeniseChilver Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    congrats on the loss so far, feel free to add me or anyone else who feels the urge :-)
    good luck with ur journey