My Intro...

Options
My name is Melissa, I'm 34 about to be 35. I have two boys (4years and 2 years), hubby is a public servant and works hours that make my life a little crazy. Before I had son 1 I was about 20 pounds over weight. I gained 60 pounds while pregnant with him, some due to the fact that I had pre-eclampsia and some due to the fact that he was a 10 LB baby. I lost all the wieght I gained during my pregnancy with him. Then I got pregnant with son 2, I only gained 35 pounds while pregnant with him and he was a 9 LB baby (no pre-eclampsia but other complications with him). I never got down to my prepregnancy weight after he was born. Then hubby and I had some relationship problems, big ones, and I didn't handle them well. I was depressed and not motivated to do anything but survive the storm we were in. Now my extra 45 pounds over where I should be are truly affecting me. My feet hurt, my hips hurt and my back hurts. Not to mention I am tired of the fact that I can't fit into half the stuff in my closet. I've had to buy some bigger clothes and I don't want to wear a swim suit at all right now...I need to be able to take my boys to the pool. I saw some people on a fourm I frequent mention MFP so here I am. I am dedicated to taking the weight off for me. Thanks for reading.

Replies

• TinaTurtlez
    TinaTurtlez Posts: 86
    Options
    Welcome Melissa! This place is great! I have been on here for a few weeks and I am already starting to show results. Logging everything you eat to see where you are at with the calories , helps! Everyone on here has been awesome with the support. Good luck, and I have sent you a friends request. :smile:
  • lgndgirl
    lgndgirl Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you Tina, I am logging everything...It's not as hard as I thought it would be to do that since I got the app for my iPhone. Thank goodness for technology.
  • mimiislosingit
    mimiislosingit Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You will love it here, Melissa! You can add me if you would like!