Who Uses Stevia

Options
I've heard this is way better than other sweeteners such as Spenda, etc. What are ya'lls opinions on this, and where do you buy it from? I think I want to try it.

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I use Truvia, I love it. I just get it at the regular grocery store. I also like Sun Crystals (sugar and stevia) but apparently give me even a hint of real sugar and I want to eat junk all day. Sheesh.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I use it. Love it. I get it from my local grocery store. If you are in the states they sell it at Walmart, Food Lion, Farm Fresh & Harris Teeters.
  • Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    you can order it on amazon
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I use Truvia and Stevia in the Raw. It's good for sweetening things like drinks or sprinkling on strawberries, but if I want to bake or cook something I will use Splenda because the stevia seems to be bitter in large quantities or when baking. I haven't found one that isn't bitter.
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I also use sun crystals. It has a touch of sugar and is 5 cal. per packet. I don't love it like real cane sugar but it's the best tasting sugar substitute IMO. I get mine at regular grocery store. Fareway around my area but I would imagine most will carry it or something very similar like Truvia.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if you can buy it at and HEB or Kroger?
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options
    I use it too, for everything pretty much. Works for me and its better than most of the alternatives
  • PhillyTD
    PhillyTD Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I've used it and liked it. It's just so darn expensive!
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I use Truvia and love it. I think it takes less Truvia to achieve the level of sweetness I like than it does something like Splenda, but that could just be me. I get mine at Walmart. I use it in smoothies or tea, on oatmeal or sprinkled over fresh fruit. Idk if its ok to bake with if thats what youre interested in so you may want to check that out.
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Kroger has that *kitten*. It's in my coffee right now. It's g@dd@mn delicious.
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    It's a plant based sugar so it's all natural. Just do some research on different brands because I've read a few articles that say that Truvia has some additional chemicals in it that aren't so good for you. You can also buy the plant yourself and grow it.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    you can get it at any grocery store. i use it. it's a more natural sweetener than splenda but i haven't done all the research on sweeteners like others.
  • glacier81
    glacier81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It took the FDA awhile to finally approve Stevia, but it is the better option! Stevia is a natural plant extract while Spenda is a synthetic sweetener made with chemicals. Check out your local health food store and they will have powder or liquid Stevia. It might be a little pricey, but you use just a very little bit of it to sweeten stuff. It goes a long way! The health food store here actually even has flavored Stevia...like Stevia with orange extract in it or vanilla and several others.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I use Stevia. I even grow it!

I also use Stevia in the raw.

Here is one of my new stevia plants I just planted! I have 6 of them growing new thing year. My only problem is my son likes to eat the leaves!

24bjin4.jpg
  • mixtaplix
    mixtaplix Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Use it in my green teas every single day. Use the Walmart "Equate" right now, but I think I'll be switching back to Krisda, as it doesn't have the maltodextrin like the walmart brand....just costs double. :(
  • greasygriddle_wechnage
    greasygriddle_wechnage Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have bought Truvia, and it's ok, of all the sweeteners, but I'll be honest, I don't need "extra" sugar anywhere, and if I do, now I just use good ol sugar SUGAR! NOTHING beats it. :bigsmile:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I use it...love it in tea (herbal chai--mmmmm!...green tea...), to sweeten plain yogurt (add a touch of vanilla and top with some chocolate sauce as a dessert), to lighten the sugar load when making recipes like chocolate chip cookies...
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I use Stevia all the time. I get the packets (which are handy) from swanson.com & by the bag, for baking, at my local grocery store.
  • LosinMamaof2girls
    LosinMamaof2girls Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have been using it for years. I got it online or health food store. It has just recently, last year or so, been approved my FDA to sell in regular grocery stores. It has a little different taste at first, but after using for a bit all you taste is the sweet.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say I get it at Trader Joe's! I like the powdered extract...think it's $6.99 for a large size?