Digital scales

Options
I have a digital scale that also measures body fat. Should they be replaced at any point / is there a "shelf life" to them ? If so how often?

Replies

• LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have a digital scale that also measures body fat. Should they be replaced at any point / is there a "shelf life" to them ? If so how often?

As long as you take care of it, it will be fine.

Something to keep in mind. Hubby is an electrician and explained this to me. If you keep your scale in the bathroom, try to make sure your bathroom doesn't get steamy. that can affect the wiring and what not in your scale after long periods of time and cause them to "break".
  • seasons01
    seasons01 Posts: 14
    Options
    I have one that does err every so often... not sure why... then it is fine. mine stays in the living room..hard wood floors.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    The body fat measured by a scale is in not even remotely accurate... That said, there is no such thing as a shelf life for a digital scale. It will work until it doesn't :)
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I have one that does err every so often... not sure why... then it is fine. mine stays in the living room..hard wood floors.

when mine has the err it usually means it needs new batteries.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Check the instructions/warranty information about cleaning them. Some can't handle harsh chemicals and I killed a digital scale after using Clorox on it. :blushing: