How to keep from feeling hungry!

Options
I'm allowed 1420 Calories daily. I stay with in that window or below. How do you keep from feeling hungry, some days I feel like I'm going to chew my arm off! I also drink at least 10 glasses of water a day.

Replies

• JustAsthetics
    Options
    I would suggest upping your calories by about 200. With protein being the main source of those extra calories. Working out will also give you more avaliable calories for the day and could help your metabolism.
  • Peejai
    Peejai Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Protein . Keeps you fuller for longer . i am doing the body trim diet at the moment . and you need to eat every three hours , i find i am never hungry . eat plenty of fiberous foods . Like vegies Boccoli, brussell sprouts etc
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Eat
  • Manrahan
    Manrahan Posts: 40
    Options
    Eat

Yup.
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    When you start feeling hungry, chew some gum. I prefer Extra peppermint, because it tastes good & the flavor lasts a long time, usually over an hour. It helps to determine if you're really hungry or just feel like you should eat something.
  • solarpower4
    solarpower4 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I eat closer to 1800-2200 kcal a day and could easily go over that. I try to eat more protein, but I'm not a big meat fan. I get so sick of protein that I can't stand to eat another bite. On those days I go for a nice long run or an even longer speed walk. I know I can eat back all those calories and more in 5 minutes, but the long cardio helps my health and my mind.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I started drinking green tea (cold brew, no sugar) and have found it helps.
  • irishcanadianwoman
    Options
    What works for me?
    Eating more protein calories. Drinking a variety of herbal teas with a hint of Stevia natural sweetener. Getting into a routine breakfast and lunch with more variety at dinner - that stops me thinking about food all of the time! Eating little snacks like raw veggies helps too.
    It gets easier with time. Really!
  • Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I would eat more often. I eat every 2-3 hours and it has really helped.
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Open your diary

What are you eating

You may need to up your cals

are you exercising and eating back those cals??
  • mom2teebee
    mom2teebee Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If you are really hungry then eat. It is your body telling you that it needs more.
  • jpinge
    jpinge Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    snack on healthy snacks all through the day...that is what I have done...I try very hard not to let myself ever get too hungry because that causes all sorts of problems lol. I feel like I eat all day long and I still have lost 102 pounds as of today. Works a lot better for me then when I used to try and starve myself:smile: Look for high fiber snacks as well as protein. Nuts all kinds especially almonds, walnuts and pine nuts. Throw some (a little bit not too much) dark chocolate chips in with it and you think you are cheating:smile: but you're not!!
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I eat more than that, but ever since I've been upping my calories my stomach is always growling, and if I let myself get too hungry I'll eat too much at a meal. So what I do is snack after breakfast, after lunch, after dinner. Things like almonds, fruit, bars etc. it helps keep the hunger at bay. If I'm still hungry with as much as my intake is its typically I worked out too much or not getting enough protein, usually both.
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    When you start feeling hungry, chew some gum. I prefer Extra peppermint, because it tastes good & the flavor lasts a long time, usually over an hour. It helps to determine if you're really hungry or just feel like you should eat something.
    this really does work, chewing on gum now
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    PROTEIN!!!
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Assuming that your stated calorie goal is appropriate for your level of activity, you might not be getting the proper nutrients. Eating 1400 calories of french fries in a day will probably still leave your body rather unsatisfied.

Like others have said, make sure you've got enough protein and fiber, which help you to feel fuller, longer. Also, are you taking a multivitamin?
  • alexandrahrah
    Options
    Lately I've started taking a psyllium seed husk powder once a day, because I know I'm addicted to the feeling of being over-stuffed so I end up eating more than I should. Psyllium is one of the ingredients in metamucil and "keeps you regular" LOL it's a big source of fiber (5g in one tsp).

BUT psyllium also swells to over 100X its size when mixed with water, so it can also be used for weight management. I take one teaspoon once a day with a LOT of water about 20 minutes before a meal, it helps me feel relatively full for hours and hours and I don't gorge myself at meal times, I'm instead more apt to snack healthily and eat more small meals. You can get it at natural food stores or I noticed bulk barn here in canada has it now.

It's not for everyone though, just a suggestion! Hope that helps :)
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    protein and fat.
  • lirby10
    lirby10 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Eat protein and smaller more frequent meals. The uping calories never has worked for me. By eating smaller portions more frequently, it keeps your blood sugar level and you don't crash which causes hunger. This happens to people who are truely hypoglycemic (my 16 year old is). Plus if you eat more frequent (three smaller meals and 2 to three good snacks) your motabolism increases.

Good luck.
  • lara3205
    lara3205 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hard news that you will stay hungry unless you eat. Keep drinking the water and the green tea and if you gotta crunch on something try and do it with veggies (celery is good and I like carrots for flavour and breath boost at work). Don't let yourself get too hungry that you binge at snack or next meal. As misery loves company, I am hungry right now too and it is an hour before snack (orange). Probably will go for coffee with sweetenr and 2% milk. Go hard! Hang in there!