Meal Replacement Shake

Options
Hey everyone, I am currently srinking Slim Fast shakes for breakfast but I'm finding that I am not staying full for very long. I am looking for a shake that is high in protein and that will allow me to get all the essential nutrients that my diet rquires, while keeping full. If anyone has a good meal replacement shake that they use and can reccomend I would really appreciate it!!!

Thank you!

Replies

• Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    http://truscience.com/trutein.html

When searching for shake I always look for a clean shake with high protein.
    After that a bannana should do just fine for carbs
  • deewill27
    deewill27 Posts: 3
    Options
    I use super advanced whey protein powder mixed with unsweetened almond milk and add some berries. Last me about 2 hours until I need something else to eat.
  • tamatamara
    tamatamara Posts: 5
    Options
    I use Slimmm shakes which are probably the healthiest meal replacement shakes I know. They taste delicious when they are chilled and because their nutritional value is high, i definitely feel fuller for longer than I did on slimfast (which has wayy too much sugar). I am doing really well on slimmm and I am on mfp so I can teach myself to eat a balanced diet after I have fully come off the shakes. YOu replace two meals a day and have one balanced meal along with light snacks and then you get one cheat day off so a week's supply is 12 packs worth. I get mine off ebay for like 6 quid for a weeks supply which is the cheapest I know! Much cheaper than celebrity slim and still yummy! If you have anymore questions, message me!
  • grannykarla
    grannykarla Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just started some low carb shakes yesterday, and I really like them. They taste kind of like Slim Fast to me. They are EAS Advantedge Carb Control Shake, and I have the chocolate fudge and they are 110 calories, 17 grams of protein, 3 grams of fat and 3 net carbs. They keep me full for several hours.
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I use GNC Total Lean 25 (25 grams of protein). They are really tasty and keep me full a lot longer than slimfast did
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking Shakeolgy since Feb. I love it. It has truly changed my life. I have lost 17lbs since being on and I can not imagine my life without being on it. It is yummy and it fills you up. It does so much that I can not even describe.

If you like to know more about it, you can message me.

Julianne
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I add protein whey powder to mine, adds more protein and fiber and keeps me full longer, also i am drinking the Body by Vi shakes too, i also add the protein whey powder to it too. Works for me.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking Shakeolgy since Feb. I love it. It has truly changed my life. I have lost 17lbs since being on and I can not imagine my life without being on it. It is yummy and it fills you up. It does so much that I can not even describe.

If you like to know more about it, you can message me.

Julianne

Nice plug, coach.
  • klchapm
    klchapm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've also used Shakeology (and I'm NOT a coach). It really is quite superior to other meal replacement shakes--I like chocolate the best!
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Is shakeology a meal replacement shake or just a protein shake?
  • KenMontville
    KenMontville Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've been looking at this option, too.

I tried Isagenix before and couldn't stick with it. I've been seeing a lot of Body by Vi on Facebook and now Beach Body/Shakeology (which I've heard about, in passing, but never looked into) on this Board. I'm not really into the MLM part of the thing and I don't want to spend a lot of money on shakes just to get hungry and wolf down a sub or a bagel or cookies or whatever.

My other question is how people fit meal replacement shakes into their life -- dinner with friends, the grazing table at business events or other social events. I imagine that even if the shakes worked 100% as advertised you still need some will power to keep you hands off the donuts. :-)
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    Is shakeology a meal replacement shake or just a protein shake?

Shakeology is a meal replacement and nutritional shake. It has superior ingredients and 70 natural ingredients that give you a lot of the nutrition you need from food. Prebiotics, antioxidants, protein, and much more. Message me if you want to know more.
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    I've been looking at this option, too.

I tried Isagenix before and couldn't stick with it. I've been seeing a lot of Body by Vi on Facebook and now Beach Body/Shakeology (which I've heard about, in passing, but never looked into) on this Board. I'm not really into the MLM part of the thing and I don't want to spend a lot of money on shakes just to get hungry and wolf down a sub or a bagel or cookies or whatever.

My other question is how people fit meal replacement shakes into their life -- dinner with friends, the grazing table at business events or other social events. I imagine that even if the shakes worked 100% as advertised you still need some will power to keep you hands off the donuts. :-)

I drink mine for breakfast or for a snack. The great thing about shakeology though is all the natural ingredients. I have been drinking it since March and love it it has helped with cravings (though I don't limit myself I modify). I won't try to tell you that it doesn't take will power to stop at one donut or not eat them at all but that is part of learning to eat and make healthy choices.

Feel free to message me if you want more info.