30 Day Shred??

Options
Ok, so tell me....how tough is the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels? I keep reading all about it here, but tell me what you do and if it's worked for you.

Replies

• hmock93
    hmock93 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Everyone just recommended it to me in my Muffin top topic. I even saw before and after pics. It's very inspiring. I would imagine it's a real tough workout. Haven't bought it yet myself. I do recommend her Killer Buns & Thighs DVD if you want a sculpted booty. It's wonderful.
  • jcmjim22
    jcmjim22 Posts: 162
    Options
    The DVD has three 20 minute workouts....level 1,2 and 3. It's circuit training. Each level has 3 circuits. Each circuit consists of 3 minutes of strength training then 2 minutes of cardio and one minute of abs. I think its tough but you don't want an easy work out if you really want results. It did get a little easier the more I did it. I just started level 2 today. Some people do it for 30 days straight and others have rest days.... Your preference. I've read that a lot of people don't lose many lbs but more inches. Hope this helps!
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I think its a good workout, I get bored really easy using DVD's and since hers is only 20 minutes it has been easy for me to stick with so far. If you get it I suggest muting the TV and using your ipod or something for your own music because like any other DVD it gets annoying to hear the same things for 10 days. But I like it I only use little 2lb weights and sometimes I have to take breaks for a few seconds. She has two different "helpers" I guess you would call them. One girl Natalie does a hard version of each workout and the second girl Anita does an easier version. You can look up the workouts on youtube to get an idea of what they will be like. Good luck
  • meesh109
    meesh109 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It is a good work out.

Each level builds you up to the next. I did it back in Feb / March, and I actually put on a bit of weight during Level 1, but I did loose inches though So if you do decide to go ahead with it make sure that you take measurements.

Level 1 is on youtube if you want to check it out before you buy!
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Everyone just recommended it to me in my Muffin top topic. I even saw before and after pics. It's very inspiring. I would imagine it's a real tough workout. Haven't bought it yet myself. I do recommend her Killer Buns & Thighs DVD if you want a sculpted booty. It's wonderful.

I was just reading your post on it....and that's why I decided to ask. :)
  • Babykinz
    Babykinz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm on day 3 of level 1 & my legs r sore, I struggle to walk up stairs properly they hurt that much. I find I'm out of breath & sweating by the time 20 mins is up i fact day 1 I had to keep stopping I was that much out of breath & I wouldnt say I was an inactive person either.

But today I've managed to keep up & not feel as worn out so even after 3 days & in pain it must be doing something!!
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I thought someone mentioned you can buy these at Target? Is that right and how much are they? (like is it one dvd for each level or a set of dvds for all 3 levels?) Sounds like something I might want to try.
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm on day 3 of level 1 & my legs r sore, I struggle to walk up stairs properly they hurt that much. I find I'm out of breath & sweating by the time 20 mins is up i fact day 1 I had to keep stopping I was that much out of breath & I wouldnt say I was an inactive person either.

But today I've managed to keep up & not feel as worn out so even after 3 days & in pain it must be doing something!!

I feel the same.. I break out into a sweat, it is intense for only 20 minutes. And my legs were on fire the first 2-3 days but after that they are starting to adjust. Just keep rubbing them or get a foam roller.
  • hmock93
    Options
  • hmock93
    Options
    I was just reading your post on it....and that's why I decided to ask. :)

Oh, well that makes sense. lol
  • AshRyd
    AshRyd Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I thought someone mentioned you can buy these at Target? Is that right and how much are they? (like is it one dvd for each level or a set of dvds for all 3 levels?) Sounds like something I might want to try.

i did get mine at Target for $9 and it had all levels on the one DVD
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I love this DVD. I am on day 10 of level 1. LOVE IT! I am not in the best shape (when I started), but I feel like I am getting into much better shape as I go along!

It's only around $10 at most stores. It takes about 25 minutes with the warm up and cool down! For me, this was a great small investment! I am feeling stronger each day!